The Student Room Group

Should I bother applying to Imperial?

So I got AAAA at AS in Bio, Chem, Physics & Maths but I didn't do as well in maths as I could have so my UMS average was pretty low for an A (around 81). As a result my predicted grades are A*A*A with the A in Maths and A*s in Physics and Chem.

For Mechanical Engineering at Imperial, they ask for A*A*A with A*s in Maths and Physics. Should I still bother applying since I haven't met the requirements for Maths?
Best way to find out is to email an admissions tutor.
You don't actually need more than 240 marks from AS to get an A* in maths. Getting 180/200 in c3 and c4 is the important bit. Perhaps retaking c1 and c2 at the end of this year might be a good idea though so you can be sure that you can get the A. Compared to c3 and 4, c 1 and 2 will feel extremely trivial and you wont even have to do any extra work.
Reply 3
Original post by DarkEnergy
Best way to find out is to email an admissions tutor.

Ok thanks, will do!

Original post by black1blade
You don't actually need more than 240 marks from AS to get an A* in maths. Getting 180/200 in c3 and c4 is the important bit. Perhaps retaking c1 and c2 at the end of this year might be a good idea though so you can be sure that you can get the A. Compared to c3 and 4, c 1 and 2 will feel extremely trivial and you wont even have to do any extra work.

Thanks, i'll ask my teacher about it tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest