The Student Room Group

Physics

Need help with this question, why? because a wasp was flying around and i got too scared to concentrate... MUCH APPRECIATED FOR HELP :smile:

A new house is fitted with all the latest energy efficiency measures. An energy surveyor checks a new house and finds that each second a house is losing 125W of heat through it’s roof. The heaters in the house are producing around 800W of heat. How efficient are energy efficient measures?

Key word there is "was" so now it's gone. You may concentrate. Good luck.
Reply 2
As in, a percentage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dude you're like 50 times bigger than a wasp, why be scared of it?
Original post by Xander25
Need help with this question, why? because a wasp was flying around and i got too scared to concentrate... MUCH APPRECIATED FOR HELP :smile:

A new house is fitted with all the latest energy efficiency measures. An energy surveyor checks a new house and finds that each second a house is losing 125W of heat through it’s roof. The heaters in the house are producing around 800W of heat. How efficient are energy efficient measures?

((EnergyInput - WastedEnergyOutput)/EnergyInput)*100
Might be wrong, haven't done efficiency in a while.
Original post by DarkEnergy
((EnergyInput - WastedEnergyOutput)/EnergyInput)*100
Might be wrong, haven't done efficiency in a while.

You're right; surely by your username you're studying A Level Physics?
Original post by Xander25

Forget that it is losing that much every second
Use this : (useful energy output/useful energy input) then multiply by 100
Apparently my year were the last to be provided with a formulae sheet in the exam so you'll have to learn all of them off by heart. This is quite easy so just get it in your head. Also notice I haven't given you the answer but I hope giving you the formula has cleared things up for you :smile:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
You're right; surely by your username you're studying A Level Physics?

Good observation :smile: Just a bit rusty on the basics atm, efficiency was in AS but I've pretty much forgotten all of AS over the summer & the question seems a bit weirdly worded.

Quick Reply

Latest