The Student Room Group

A tip for tip for 6th formers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PrincessZara
Don't bother you'll just end up working at Tesco anyway

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by DMcGovern
The AS grades just kicked him into gear because he did well in one and badly in the others and completely changed his work ethic. I think it was like ACCD he got, and he completely changed.

Oh yeah. I call him a friend he was more of an acquaintance :tongue:

That is inspirational. I don't think I could do it as I would be 20 when going there, if I got in. That would be so weird.
Original post by PrincessZara
Don't bother you'll just end up working at Tesco anyway

mcdonalds got some vacancies too lol
Original post by asmuse123
That is inspirational. I don't think I could do it as I would be 20 when going there, if I got in. That would be so weird.

Yeah in Ireland it's different even in the north where we do A Levels. The way the system works you could finish GCSEs when you're 14-16 and then finish A Levels when you're 17-18, but you'd have to take at least 1 gap year before you could go to university.
Yeah in Ireland it's different even in the north where we do A Levels. The way the system works you could finish GCSEs when you're 14-16 and then finish A Levels when you're 17-18, but you'd have to take at least 1 gap year before you could go to university.

Gap years are mandatory? What did you do on your gap year?
Original post by undercxver
I'll PM you. Better than derailing the thread. :h:

You're the most polite Tsrian ever:colondollar:
Original post by I am a Lie
You're the most polite Tsrian ever:colondollar:

Oh how nice of you.

But join date 25/09/2016 and you could make that comment? :hmmmm: Please do tell me more about your previous TSR account(s). :h:
Original post by asmuse123
Gap years are mandatory? What did you do on your gap year?

Only if you're not 18 for university or 16 for GCSEs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Only if you're not 18 for university or 16 for GCSEs. I spent my GCSE gap year working on my uncle's farm and in my other uncle's garage. A bit of work experience really.

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Just because you've ended up working at Tesco because you took some kind of Sociology-Media-English combination doesn't mean everyone will.

I applied they said I have to be over 18. #SadTimes.

It's my first year in Sixth form. Hardly few weeks in xxxx :* :* :*

Quick Reply

Latest