The Student Room Group

Which is a better degree to have

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DMcGovern
True aye :tongue: It might depend on the course though, although I know the Geology course has a high number of lecture hours compared to the average. At least it's free-er than a school though :h:

Very true, I think most courses at imp have a high number of contact hours since sciences generally do.
Original post by carolinehj
Very true, I think most courses at imp have a high number of contact hours since sciences generally do.

Yeah, although I'd probably prefer having a high number of contact hours rather than being left alone trying to understand and do the work all on my own because I'd probably freak out; and I'd probably procrastinate :tongue:
Original post by DMcGovern
Oh I'm not saying that absolutely all of it will be used but it's not in decline. According to the CEO of PetroCeltic there's going to be a big bump in about two years.

Well I don't exactly think that an active CEO of an O&G company is going to be predicting anything but a boom for their industry, to do otherwise would pretty much be suicidal...
Original post by Plagioclase
Well I don't exactly think that an active CEO of an O&G company is going to be predicting anything but a boom for their industry, to do otherwise would pretty much be suicidal...

This was personal advice he gave to me in terms of career path after a general geology BSc, he wasn't trying to sell me shares :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending