The Student Room Group

French and German Personal Statement

I'm applying for 2017 entry to do French and German at uni, so I'm currently writing my personal statement. I really love reading and have read a few French and German books. However, I don't know which to include in my personal statement. Should I go with well-known books like Le Petit Prince or stick with some popular books for teenagers that an admissions officer might not have heard of?
Original post by bthmci
I'm applying for 2017 entry to do French and German at uni, so I'm currently writing my personal statement. I really love reading and have read a few French and German books. However, I don't know which to include in my personal statement. Should I go with well-known books like Le Petit Prince or stick with some popular books for teenagers that an admissions officer might not have heard of?

This is some good advice from Cambridge about what they're looking for in a PS for modern languages (and what they're looking for in further reading) http://www.mml.cam.ac.uk/applying/how/faq

basically talk about what you've enjoyed, definitely don't stick to set texts that the majority of applicants are likely to have read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending