The Student Room Group

Where can I find examples of English Literature Coursework for A2?

Hello, I have to write a coursework for English, we're doing Cambridge.
We need to write around 1500 words on the play "A streetcar named Desire" by Tennessee Williams; the question is "Explore the presentation of mental health issues".
Does anyone knows where I can find coursework examples?
Or does anyone have any tips to write it? Thanks!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Alisaurus Cats so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by dafrenchg
Hello, I have to write a coursework for English, we're doing Cambridge.
We need to write around 1500 words on the play "A streetcar named Desire" by Tennessee Williams; the question is "Explore the presentation of mental health issues".
Does anyone knows where I can find coursework examples?
Or does anyone have any tips to write it? Thanks!

Hi there,

Great text to work from there!

There are loads of areas you can focus on:
Blanche! Pretty much anything she does can be related back to issues with mental health - she displays a lot of anxiety, fear of aging, grief/remorse/denial form her husband and dependency on alcohol. She suffers a mental breakdown at the end of the story.

Domestic violence is a strong theme in the story too, committed, nearly committed and accepted by many.

Hope that helps :smile:
I'm not sure where you could find coursework examples, but Streetcar is one of the books I'm actually studying in my Drama paper - so Edexcel (my exam board for Lit) is bound to have some exemplar answers.

Quick Reply

Latest