The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessicaPearson
Ooh congratulations, which division did you apply for and approximately how long after submitting the SJT did you hear back? I've been waiting for approximately 3 weeks!

Thanks, I applied for IBD Off-Cycle (July-September) as they're not taking graduates. My friend said to me they've got a hiring freeze so might not even get an offer from the Off-Cycle.

Probably about three weeks, yeah. The Analyst contacted me directly, not HR. My status still says Application Received on the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Thanks, I applied for IBD Off-Cycle (July-September) as they're not taking graduates. My friend said to me they've got a hiring freeze so might not even get an offer from the Off-Cycle.

Probably about three weeks, yeah. The Analyst contacted me directly, not HR. My status still says Application Received on the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the hiring freeze a serious thing firmwide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Analyst contacted you directly, that's exciting. I wish you the best. Oh no, they've got a hiring freeze well that fills me with so much confidence.:redface:
Original post by aledered
Hey guys, for those of you who applied to BNP: what do you think of the test? Easier compared to the SHL of other banks? Because it was my first application (gonna fill the others in a few days), and would like to know what to expect from the other online tests (BoA for instance)

How soon after submitting your application did you get the Online Testing invite for BNP?
Got my first rejection, HSBC after passing the tests 😞
Original post by J Edgar
Got my first rejection, HSBC after passing the tests 😞

Sorry to hear that mate:frown:
May I ask which division are you applying for?
Is that for IBD Summer?
Reply 3986
Error code 00003 on Nomura logical reasoning test for IBD grad. Any insight on this? What do I do?
Is there a way to track Barclay's app process after video interview? When I log into the portal it let me edit the application and re-submit like I never did lol
Macquarie rejection lol
Anyone heard back after gleacher shacklock phone interview? Just had mine today was really casual.
Original post by groovyd97
yeh its straightforward - just competency and cv stuff, why gleacher shacklock, why banking

Did a woman called alex call you lol?
Macquarie rejection
Original post by networx
Macquarie rejection lol

They only make a decision after application closing dates tho..
Original post by Yhanna
Error code 00003 on Nomura logical reasoning test for IBD grad. Any insight on this? What do I do?

They've been trying to fix this all week, if you get withdrawn, they'll reinstate your application, but it's all a waiting game until it's back and running again unfortunately
Original post by networx
Macquarie rejection lol

sorry to hear that mate

when did you apply if you don't mind me asking? I am yet to apply there, but not sure if it is too late already
Original post by Yhanna

They're still trying to fix it. Been two weeks. Email them. Contact is in Grad thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3996
How much time does the Barclays video interview take?
Original post by LMAX
How much time does the Barclays video interview take?

About 30 mins the whole thing, add more or less 10 mins if you want to practice/check set-up
Original post by gsbs2
do you refer to the jefferies question or citi one

Citi
RBC telephone interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending