The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

If you got an offer (and accepted it) from a bank by converting a spring week to a markets internship, do you think it could be possible to transfer to the corp fin programme instead by asking them? Seen as you already interviewed with them back in April?
Original post by Chambers10
Has anyone got an insight into Nomura first round? Supposed to be competency and technical, can also help where I can

Which division?
Original post by Breakingbank
Which division?

Markets
Original post by Deltasierra27
If you got an offer (and accepted it) from a bank by converting a spring week to a markets internship, do you think it could be possible to transfer to the corp fin programme instead by asking them? Seen as you already interviewed with them back in April?

You'd probably have to re-interview I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
You'd probably have to re-interview I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so... I've emailed them so should hear back tomorrow or so
Anyone had a MS IBD face to face interview?
is there a maths test for JPMorgan ibd?
Original post by cleverboy12
is there a maths test for JPMorgan ibd?

No
Original post by gsbs2
For RBC do you get the numerical only if you pass the verbal or is it automatic?

Can't answer that, but if you pass all their test you get an email after a 1-2 days confirming you passed
Original post by edhello123
Has anyone done a numerical test for RBS? And if they have how did they find it and anything you'd advise to help prepare for it?

It's talent Q, there is an online practice one if you Google "talent q numerical practice" .. answers as well
Original post by gsbs2
how long does i take after doing citi´s test to get the you have passed email/rej?

Don't think there's a rej email but receiving a pass email can take from 1 day to 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4071
Original post by Chambers10
Markets

Hey,
I did the Nomura phone interview for markets. PM me for any info u wanna know about it?
Original post by Kate992
My status is same as yours! If it was a reject, they wouldn't have bothered transferring apps from one program to another, so that's good news for us. However, they could be filtering apps once more I guess before sending interview invites (a bit unlikely given the status, but possible)...

Have you had any news from UBS?
Original post by falcoa
i was invited last week, have to complete by Tuesday, seen a few people on here saying they have done it, any advice would be greatly appreciated

How long did you have to wait for the invite after applying? Best of luck with it
UBS Markets AC - has anyone done it yet?
Reply 4075
Original post by econibpe
UBS Markets AC - has anyone done it yet?

When did you do your interview and when did you get an invite, if you don't mind sharing that?
Anyone have any insight into the Barclays AC, preferably for IBD/Banking? Happy to exchange info on other firms
Reply 4077
Is anyone else waiting for a response from barclays after video interview?
I did it a while ago and when I go on to the careers website I can just apply to the same position again and its as if I didnt put in an application
Original post by TheParham
It's talent Q, there is an online practice one if you Google "talent q numerical practice" .. answers as well

Hey thanks, yeah I did the practice one and found it alright but I'm just assuming the real thing will definitely be harder.
Original post by edhello123
Hey thanks, yeah I did the practice one and found it alright but I'm just assuming the real thing will definitely be harder.

Yeah slightly harder for the real thing, I would say make sure you are confident with the time limits and the tricky columns and wording that talent q has which catches people off guard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending