The Student Room Group

Is my UMS good enough for Medicine at Trinity Cambridge?

So I only did 1 external AS level (maths) and got 282/300, which comes to about 94% average. Is this really good enough because ive heard people saying that most applicants to Trinity have 95+UMS. I also got a D in General Studies. My predicted grades are 5A*(with EPQ). Do I have a realistic chance?
I appreciate any replies, I'm very worried.
(I already sent off my UCAS)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Fusarium
So I only did 1 external AS level (maths) and got 282/300, which comes to about 94% average. Is this really good enough because ive heard people saying that most applicants to Trinity have 95+UMS. I also got a D in General Studies. My predicted grades are 5A*(with EPQ). Do I have a realistic chance?
I appreciate any replies, I'm very worried.
(I already sent off my UCAS)

If you've already sent off your UCAS don't worry - it's not going to change anything if people say "you've got no chance!" or "you're 100% gonna get in!" so you might as well just forget about it now and focus on your school work and/or extra-curricular stuff you use to relax.
Reply 2
Original post by Beska
If you've already sent off your UCAS don't worry - it's not going to change anything if people say "you've got no chance!" or "you're 100% gonna get in!" so you might as well just forget about it now and focus on your school work and/or extra-curricular stuff you use to relax.

Thank you for your reply.
You make a good point but id just like to know what chance I have. Lets say it turns out that my stats so far aren't competitive, it would mean that I need a high BMAT, which means that I know I need to concentrate more on it.
You make a good point but id just like to know what chance I have. Lets say it turns out that my stats so far aren't competitive, it would mean that I need a high BMAT, which means that I know I need to concentrate more on it.

How long is a piece of string? We don't really have any way of knowing. This is the first year of linear a-levels so a lot of people will be in the same position.You made the decision to apply, from what you've said its not a daft one, you'll just have to wait and see now.

Take @Beska's excellent advice and focus on the BMAT etc
Reply 4
Original post by ForestCat
How long is a piece of string? We don't really have any way of knowing. This is the first year of linear a-levels so a lot of people will be in the same position.You made the decision to apply, from what you've said its not a daft one, you'll just have to wait and see now.

Take @Beska's excellent advice and focus on the BMAT etc

Ok, thank you!
Reply 5
Bump
Bump

Seriously? What answer do you expect? No one has a crystal ball. It's not a unwise choice but no one can give you a guaranteed answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should "concentrate more" on the BMAT anyway. I don't think anyone applying to medicine at Cambridge can think "oh, I don't need to try in this part of the application, I'm going to get in anyway". :p:
Reply 8
Original post by ForestCat
Seriously? What answer do you expect? No one has a crystal ball. It's not a unwise choice but no one can give you a guaranteed answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen many people asking questions similar to mine, and they were receiving very useful feedback from different people with very different opinions. I was hoping the same with my question. I just want opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending