The Student Room Group

is my relationship doomed?

I live in Bristol, I'm looking to go to uni relatively far away (Falmouth leeds London) and I cant help but get this feeling that I'm gonna go away to uni next year and its just going to crumble? I mean I'm not gonna let my boyf hold me back, but have any of you guys gone through this? how did it work or not work for you :smile:
You're gonna have practically a new start, while he is going to carry on the path he is used to. It's just like at the end of school where everyone goes their own way.
Original post by Tillybear
I live in Bristol, I'm looking to go to uni relatively far away (Falmouth leeds London) and I cant help but get this feeling that I'm gonna go away to uni next year and its just going to crumble? I mean I'm not gonna let my boyf hold me back, but have any of you guys gone through this? how did it work or not work for you :smile:

For a lot of people, their relationships do end when one goes to uni. It's the environment of all the new people, usually if they live on campus it can be pretty bad for business. Some people have made it work in the past, usually the long-term relationships beforehand but regular physical contact is almost mandatory for it to work for most people.
It's not doomed; it's just going to require extra work and a lot of trust.*
Reply 4
An open relationship is the logical solution here.
Reply 5
Original post by AlexFam
For a lot of people, their relationships do end when one goes to uni. It's the environment of all the new people, usually if they live on campus it can be pretty bad for business. Some people have made it work in the past, usually the long-term relationships beforehand but regular physical contact is almost mandatory for it to work for most people.

yeah... if I'm going away that far, I'm not going to be popping back every weekend or what not. I wisj I knew how people maintain long distant relationships, I honestly don't think I could!:h:
yeah... if I'm going away that far, I'm not going to be popping back every weekend or what not. I wisj I knew how people maintain long distant relationships, I honestly don't think I could!:h:

If you're not willing to try to make it work with, then I don't think it feasibly could.

It can work but only if you both make the effort and communicate with each other.
Original post by stefano865
An open relationship is the logical solution here.

Why because you want to be with someone that can't stay faithful?

Obviously you have to break up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending