The Student Room Group

Declaring Cambridge Pre-interview assessment on UCAS

Hello,

Do I need to declare that I'm taking a Cambridge pre-interview assessment on UCAS?
Edit: It's for ECAA (Economics pre-interview assessment for Cambridge) which is not listed on UCAS admissions tests section.

Thank you for your help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by dyuunn
Hello,

Do I need to declare that I'm taking a Cambridge pre-interview assessment on UCAS?
Edit: It's for ECAA (Economics pre-interview assessment for Cambridge) which is not listed on UCAS admissions tests section.

Thank you for your help!

No. It's an assessment not a qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
No. It's an assessment not a qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay - I was wondering since there are other admissions tests such as the TSA, LNAT, and STEP which could be found on UCAS. Thank you for letting me know!
Reply 3
Original post by dyuunn
Okay - I was wondering since there are other admissions tests such as the TSA, LNAT, and STEP which could be found on UCAS. Thank you for letting me know!

Hmm... well maybe they will add it next year. Although those tests are also relevant to some universities other than Cambridge.

Edit: tagging @PQ for confirmation... :smile: (Is it necessary to declare the Cambridge pre-interview admissions assessments? They aren't "tests", and students aren't given the resulting marks.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dyuunn
Hello,

Thank you for your help!

Personally I would but it's not possible to add it even under the "additional admissions tests" options. You could add it in using the "Other" option - as I say I would put it in (it shows you know it's required and are set to take the test - and I always tend towards providing more details) but it's unlikely to make a difference either way.

Just posting this screenshot of the list of tests that ARE listed on UCAS because every year applicants act surprised that they were supposed to include them. With these tests it's generally done that the results get sent through to choices regardless - but no university will penalise an applicant for attention to detail.

admissionstests.PNG
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Personally I would but it's not possible to add it even under the "additional admissions tests" options. You could add it in using the "Other" option - as I say I would put it in (it shows you know it's required and are set to take the test - and I always tend towards providing more details) but it's unlikely to make a difference either way.

Just posting this screenshot of the list of tests that ARE listed on UCAS because every year applicants act surprised that they were supposed to include them. With these tests it's generally done that the results get sent through to choices regardless - but no university will penalise an applicant for attention to detail.

admissionstests.PNG

Thank you for your input! Maybe I will try and see if I can add it in, but as you say, I doubt this is going to matter.

I have another question - hopefully you don't mind me asking! If I state that I'm sitting STEP in June 2017, but leave school in 2016 (November 2016, live in the Southern hemisphere so schooling lasts from Feb to November), then do I have to add the school (test centre) again as part of my education for 2017? In that case, would universities understand this situation?
Original post by dyuunn
Thank you for your input! Maybe I will try and see if I can add it in, but as you say, I doubt this is going to matter.

I have another question - hopefully you don't mind me asking! If I state that I'm sitting STEP in June 2017, but leave school in 2016 (November 2016, live in the Southern hemisphere so schooling lasts from Feb to November), then do I have to add the school (test centre) again as part of my education for 2017? In that case, would universities understand this situation?

Yep - if you just add the test centre as part time for the months of the exam/results it will be clear you're just sitting exams and not receiving tuition for that period.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Yep - if you just add the test centre as part time for the months of the exam/results it will be clear you're just sitting exams and not receiving tuition for that period.

Brilliant - thank you so much for your help!
Reply 8
Original post by PQ

admissionstests.PNG

Thanks.

/Note to self: If in doubt, declare it is the advice.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending