The Student Room Group

psych with crim or just crim?

I'm unsure whether to choose to study criminology as a single honors or psychology with criminology as a joint honors starting 2017. I mainly want to be involved with forensic investigations as apposed to every day policing with the views of being a DCI or something along those lines. I'm aware in the second year on the psychology course there is a module specifically focusing on forensic investigations and I think that's what making me want to do psych with crim even more, but any input would be amazing, thank you!!
Original post by cherimica
I'm unsure whether to choose to study criminology as a single honors or psychology with criminology as a joint honors starting 2017. I mainly want to be involved with forensic investigations as apposed to every day policing with the views of being a DCI or something along those lines. I'm aware in the second year on the psychology course there is a module specifically focusing on forensic investigations and I think that's what making me want to do psych with crim even more, but any input would be amazing, thank you!!

Very little of criminology is really to do with investigations, and I don't think it is required for becoming a DCI, so does it matter at all? Maybe just go with what you're most interested in, your degree choice probably won't influence your life as much as you think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest