The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
Original post by YouHaveProblems
I wasn't just referring to this thread, i meant it's generally a major topic of discussion among so many people. Like i never even thought of marriage but then my friends talk about it loads. At this age i wouldn't have ever thought about marriage if you know what i mean, there are so many videos about it and they get loads of views and in Q&As there are so many questions about it. It's just funny.

And then also people who are married and talk about younger people saying ooh you going to get married etc asking them kinda questions

Ah ok. Well it is part of life lol as well as half our deen. Hence, it is no surprise you will hear about it and continue to even from those so young. I was like that before, marriage talk made me just laugh. Everyone is different when it comes to marriage, some care about it earlier and some later. People need to be reminded of how to go about marriage the halal way as some want to understand it better.

What does it mean by saying you can see them though. Like why is that even a question? Why would anyone not look at their wife before marrying them? One of the conditions to look for is beauty right.

Some people may not be aware of this though because they follow culture not Islam...and so may not see each other before marriage.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
Because Islamically there is a certain dress code women in Islam have to observe. Many scholars are of the opinion that it is compulsory to cover our faces and hands as well as the rest of the body. So those scholars who hold such opinions say that prior to the marriage, it is permissible for the man to see the face, hands etc...
It's not a condition as such, although its fine and normal, the prophet swt mentioned four things that someone looks for in a spouse and stated that piety is the most significant, hence we should look for that above beauty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yeah it's a condition still. It's just piety takes precedence.
I didn't think about covering the face and etc. I understand now like if the woman is wearing a vail.
Original post by h333
Ah ok. Well it is part of life lol as well as half our deen. Hence, it is no surprise you will hear about it and continue to even from those so young. I was like that before, marriage talk made me just laugh. Everyone is different when it comes to marriage, some care about it earlier and some later. People need to be reminded of how to go about marriage the halal way as some want to understand it better.

Some people may not be aware of this though because they follow culture not Islam...and so may not see each other before marriage.

Yeah, i get you. Are you getting married or at least in the market lol?? can i ask how old you are?
And i agree that you have to know about it and etc. but it's not like any other topic of the religion, it's just that islamic culture - specifically sub-continetal culture from what i have seen that it's a biiiig thing. like everyone just focusses on it. They don't talk about what the process is as such it's just they talk about it aaarhh i don't know how to say it.
It's like you know when you are anticipating something so you watch loads of youtube videos and just obsess over it. It's like that but they aren't necessarily anticipating it they just obsess over it. Anyway i can't explain so doesn't matter.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx

Spoiler

Bo-bo, you made a typo fam :naughty:

BarakAllahu feek
Reply 4284
Yeah, i get you. Are you getting married or at least in the market lol?? can i ask how old you are?

Ok :smile: no I am not getting married now. Sorry what does it mean by in the market? why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Ok :smile: no I am not getting married now. Sorry what does it mean by in the market? why?

I meant looking to get married by 'in the market'. I just wondered what age you were because of the topic of conversation.
(edited 7 years ago)
What does it mean by saying you can see them though. Like why is that even a question? Why would anyone not look at their wife before marrying them? One of the conditions to look for is beauty right.

It might seem like a big deal but back then they would have been more strict and cautious about this.
There was a lot of emphasis on lowering your gaze etc.
One hadith even stated that a man married a woman without seeing her. The Prophet SAW then told him to go look at her.
The hadith is probably there due to the differences back then.
That's just my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I HEARD MARRIAGE ALL ABOARD THE carriage
Reply 4288
I meant looking to get married by 'in the market'. I just wondered what age you were because of the topic of conversation.

Nope. How old are you?
Original post by Zamestaneh
Bo-bo, you made a typo fam :naughty:

BarakAllahu feek

Uhh thank you for letting me know...astaghfirullah:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
Alhamdulillah well, thanks. You?

Alahmdulillah yes I am, thanks for asking.
I had no lectures today. I went to UoB to meet my friend there. I ended up going to her lecture lol

Yeahh im well thanks! Sorry for the late reply as i just saw it now:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Nope. How old are you?

Please don't ask me personal questions
Reply 4292
And i agree that you have to know about it and etc. but it's not like any other topic of the religion, it's just that islamic culture - specifically sub-continetal culture from what i have seen that it's a biiiig thing. like everyone just focusses on it. They don't talk about what the process is as such it's just they talk about it aaarhh i don't know how to say it.
It's like you know when you are anticipating something so you watch loads of youtube videos and just obsess over it. It's like that but they aren't necessarily anticipating it they just obsess over it. Anyway i can't explain so doesn't matter.

Saw the edit now, sorry.
Hmm I feel like I understand where you are coming from. Like they hype about it but don't really understand or just because everyone else or those around them talk about it. However, it is natural dw people will talk about it several times because it is encouraged and regarded as so important in Islam for many reasons. Also, marriage is not a minor decision so people keep discussing it to obtain more knowledge about it from Islam or so they can feel better about the issue.
Reply 4293
Please don't ask me personal questions

Ok np sorry.
Original post by h333
Ok np sorry.

lol i was joking i asked you the same. I'm years old
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4295
lol i was joking i asked you the same. I'm years old

May Allah bless you. Thanks for being so accurate with your age lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Question: Virtuous Shaykh, I hope you will direct some golden advice towards the youth who are ‘practicing’; they dedicate themselves to the internet may Allaah reward you with goodness.

Response: It is known that the internet contains good and evil. Whoever desires the good will find it; the internet contains Islamic sciences, linguistic sciences, industrial sciences etc…

[However] it also contains pure evil, a lot of evil. It has reached me that its evil is much worse than the satellite channels.My advice to my brothers is: With regards to the internet as well as satellite channels is that they should have Taqwa of Allaah regarding themselves; they should know they were not created [for the internet] rather they were only created for the worship of Allaah, the Exalted and Majestic.

And if they lower themselves to the level of resembling animals by fulfilling their whims and desires then they have lost the Dunya (Worldly Life) and Aakhirah (Hereafter) refuge is sought in Allaah.Upon my Muslim brothers is to safeguard their religion and safeguard their time. They should not waste this precious precious precious life. [1]

By Allaah, a single minute is more honoured than a thousand Dirhams. Think about it, when death comes to a person and it is said to him: ‘give us all the world and we will delay [your death] by one minute.’ He will say: Yes.For this reason Allaah, the Exalted and Majestic, said:
{Until, when death comes to one of them, he says, “My Lord, send me back; that I might do righteousness in that which I left behind.” No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected} [23:99-100]
I ask Allaah to give us all a good ending.It is mentioned in a Hadeeth:

There is nobody who dies except he will feel sorrow. If he was a person who used to do good, he will feel sorrow that he did not increase in his good deeds. If he was a person who did much evil, he will feel sorrow that he did not seek the pleasure [of Allaah] and avoid [His anger].

Safeguard your life my brother; By Allaah it is more valuable than gold and silver. If a person does not waste a single Dirham from his money, how does he then waste his life upon which happiness or wretchedness is based?!O Allaah, make us from those who are happy. O Allaah make us from those who are happy. O Allaah make us from those who are happy. O Lord of the Worlds.

Footnotes
[1] The repetitive use of ‘precious’ is from the words of the Shaykh, and not a typo.
Reply 4297
Reply 4298
Hey can anyone let me know what is happening here? When he comes up from rukoo he says this: [video]https://youtu.be/zJadfaOQG3E?t=272[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending