The Student Room Group

Is my vagina / discharge normal? What does YOURS look like?

I'm very insecure about my vagina. I have long, dark and wrinkly inner labia. I also tend to get quite a lot of thick, yellowy discharge. I feel so gross about myself, and I'm a virgin due to me being so insecure about my body.

So I thought I'd make a thread where us ladies who have similar issues can share our vagina worries together, and hopefully it will help us reassure each other.

What's yours like?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm very insecure about my vagina. I have long, dark and wrinkly inner labia. I also tend to get quite a lot of thick, yellowy discharge. I feel so gross about myself, and I'm a virgin due to me being so insecure about my body.

So I thought I'd make a thread where us ladies who have similar issues can share our vagina worries together, and hopefully it will help us reassure each other.

What's yours like?

Vaginal discharge should usually be clear and relitively water-like. More pink or red discharge can occur around the time of a period because some blood gets in it, but it should still be pretty thin. If it is thick or any other colours it could indicate an issue that needs to get checked. I'd suggest you ask for an appointment with a female doctor to discuss your concerns and possibly have an exam to ensure everything is fine down there. You can visit the NHS site or google it to find out more about different types of discharge and what it can mean. Main things to consider are colour, consistency, odor and any irritation down there.
Unortionaely there isn't really anything you can do about your labia other than come to terms with it and understand that everybody's is different. A lot of women will have something they dislike about themselves and often will have some insecurity or concern about their privates. It's so easy to assume that everybody else's is perfect because you don't see any, but they're probably a lot more like yours than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest