The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got my acknowledgement email from Christ Church today! But like some other posters have mentioned, it didn't say anything about written work :s-smilie:
Does anyone know when/how/if we will be informed of their preferences?
Original post by Barbastelle
Got my acknowledgement email from Christ Church today! But like some other posters have mentioned, it didn't say anything about written work :s-smilie:

All that information was in my acknowledgment email from St Peter's. The deadline for written work submission seems to be the same for everyone anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does law with french law have written work? I know law doesn't but im unsure about the languages aspect.
Reply 1463
Original post by JessicaApple
So would I! Even though the airfares wouldn't be cheap at all... I'd have to miss days of school too.
I just want to know about my options before I make a decision:tongue:

Please can you kindly let me know if you do call them? I think I'll maybe send an email to ask as well. Thanks!!!

Yeah, I'd be missing my first mock exams, and the school camp shortly after that.
Sure, I'll let you know what I find :wink:
Original post by Nemeo
Yeah, I'd be missing my first mock exams, and the school camp shortly after that.
Sure, I'll let you know what I find :wink:

Thank you!:h:
Original post by Barbastelle

I got my email for Worcester, and it actually specified that everyone can email in their submission, except for history of art...and of course I'm applying for history of art ://

However, it's very likely that all the colleges have different preferences. I'd say your best option is to email admissions.
Reply 1466
I am bloody screwed for Oxford admissions everyone please keep me in your prayers/thoughts
Original post by MyParrotsandMe
I got my email for Worcester, and it actually specified that everyone can email in their submission, except for history of art...and of course I'm applying for history of art ://

However, it's very likely that all the colleges have different preferences. I'd say your best option is to email admissions.

It's so surprising that you have to send a hard copy. St Peter's said they'd prefer it via email and I'm also applying for history of art.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
It's so surprising that you have to send a hard copy. St Peter's said they'd prefer it via email and I'm also applying for history of art.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know, it's honestly so frustrating and because I'm an international applicant, I have to send it in extra early. Not really sure why history of art in particular is being singled out...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by meganfurley
Re MAT exam for Maths,

Any one know why the results are not published online or anywhere for us to know the score? :frown:

Any particular reason for the lack of transparency? Why the secrecy or is there a reason that I am not aware of?

It cannot be that Imperial has to publish them? I daresay it does not look good that it is not done the right way imho.

Would gavinlowe or anyone else from the Uni kindly enlighten us please? :smile:

Do you mean we should publish a list with everyone's result against their name? I think that's against data protection laws.

You can ask for your MAT score and other feedback in January.

I'm not sure what your problem is.

Gavin
Has anyone received any college confirmation letter from Trinity College?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who has applied to Pembroke?😆 Possibly maths?.?
Original post by MyParrotsandMe
Yeah I know, it's honestly so frustrating and because I'm an international applicant, I have to send it in extra early. Not really sure why history of art in particular is being singled out...

I'm also a international applicant (EU) so it does seem weird to me that you'd have to send a hard copy even considering we're applying to different colleges...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1473
Original post by JessicaApple
Thank you!:h:

I called Pembroke, and they said we would be informed within 8ish days of 21st November...
For the interviews, we'd have to stay at the university for a minimum of 3 days (depending on what your course is and how many interviews you get, for mine it is 3 days)
Also found out I need min. 7.0 in every IELTS component... :angry: Damn you writing component...
Reply 1474
@17lina
Sent an open application, and was assigned Pembroke, for Biochemistry though :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I guess I am the only person in here who hasn't received the letter from the college!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got allocated to St Hilda's college!!! So happy as I really like the look of it (please give mean interview:colondollar:)
[QUOTE=Akhil1999.gs;68208232]I guess I am the only person in here who hasn't received the letter from the college!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes two of us :frown:
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
I guess I am the only person in here who hasn't received the letter from the college!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've had confirmation from the uni but nothing from the actual college :frown:
Nothing from St Edmund

Latest

Trending

Trending