The Student Room Group

Oxford choice - MATHS or MATHS & CS

Hello everyone,

I am a current year 12 student interested in doing either maths or computer science at University, and my top choice is Oxford.

As it is based mathematics, I will have to do the MAT exam.

I am unsure whether or not to wanting to do Math at Uni or Math and computer science.

Any tips?

Thank you.
Original post by thegoldentiger
Hello everyone,

I am a current year 12 student interested in doing either maths or computer science at University, and my top choice is Oxford.

I am unsure whether or not to wanting to do Math at Uni or Math and computer science.

Any tips?

Thank you.

Out of interest, how did you decide on Oxford?
Hello everyone,

Any tips?

Thank you.

I think Maths and CS, as it would provide a broader degree for you that could help your career prospects. Good luck.
Reply 3
Hello everyone,

Any tips?

Thank you.

They're about equally competitive as degrees. What A-levels are you doing? How would you make evidence your interest in CS?
Original post by RichE
They're about equally competitive as degrees. What A-levels are you doing? How would you make evidence your interest in CS?

I am doing a level Mathematics Further Mathematics Physics and Computer Science.
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Out of interest, how did you decide on Oxford?

I am not sure, I just always have been in love with Oxford and especially the YouTube math guy that’s a teacher there haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending