The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do i need to wear to an induction? Shirt and tie like i wore to my group interview?
My group interview is in September D: I've applied for a temp role but now I feel there's no way I'll be made permanent.

Alsoo is there a way you can transfer to a different branch or do you have to reapply? (for a permanent job obviously :tongue:)
Original post by korrin
My group interview is in September D: I've applied for a temp role but now I feel there's no way I'll be made permanent.

Alsoo is there a way you can transfer to a different branch or do you have to reapply? (for a permanent job obviously :tongue:)

Yeah i also applied for a job and I got a temporary contract (not sure if i applied for temp or permanent). At the end of the temp contrwct, can i move branches? The branch i want to move to is easier to travel to.
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Yeah i also applied for a job and I got a temporary contract (not sure if i applied for temp or permanent). At the end of the temp contrwct, can i move branches? The branch i want to move to is easier to travel to.

The majority of people hired are put on a temp contract at first. It's just so that if they don't like you (or not the right fit etc.) then they can get rid of you easier. I was put on a temp contract then just before it ended there was an appraisal where they made me permanent.
You could ask to move branches. I'm not sure how you go about doing so though.
Original post by Laurakat1
The majority of people hired are put on a temp contract at first. It's just so that if they don't like you (or not the right fit etc.) then they can get rid of you easier. I was put on a temp contract then just before it ended there was an appraisal where they made me permanent.
You could ask to move branches. I'm not sure how you go about doing so though.

Oh right i see, clever of them by doing that. Do you have to accept the job offer again when made permanent? And when they make you permanent is that when you start to get the discounts?

Did you keep the same hours when you were made permanent? I think if my hours are changed, i might not carry on
Oh right i see, clever of them by doing that. Do you have to accept the job offer again when made permanent? And when they make you permanent is that when you start to get the discounts?

Did you keep the same hours when you were made permanent? I think if my hours are changed, i might not carry on

No you already have the job so they just make your contract permanent and tell you. But I think you discuss it with them beforehand.
Yeah once you have worked there for 3 months you get the discounts.

I've worked there for just over a year now and my hours and shifts have never changed. But that doesn't mean yours won't change. It can depend on things like if someone leaves you might have to do their shift, for example.
Original post by Laurakat1
No you already have the job so they just make your contract permanent and tell you. But I think you discuss it with them beforehand.
Yeah once you have worked there for 3 months you get the discounts.

I've worked there for just over a year now and my hours and shifts have never changed. But that doesn't mean yours won't change. It can depend on things like if someone leaves you might have to do their shift, for example.

Ohh okay, i hope mine doesnt change. And im still confused about the discounts. Do i get it as soon as im made permanent? Or do i have to work 3 months while permanent to get the discounts?

Also, if you're asked to work extra hours, can you reject it?
Ohh okay, i hope mine doesnt change. And im still confused about the discounts. Do i get it as soon as im made permanent? Or do i have to work 3 months while permanent to get the discounts?

Also, if you're asked to work extra hours, can you reject it?

You don't have to be a permanent partner in order to receive discount. You just need to have worked there for 3 months.

You'd have to speak to your line manager to discuss hours if you're not happy with the hours they assign you.
I've been told I might be offered a job doing 'stock replenishment'. What does this mean?
Original post by jfbonner
I've been told I might be offered a job doing 'stock replenishment'. What does this mean?

It means stacking and filling shelves and display areas regularly.
Are under 18s allowed to do stock replenishment? I thought we might not be able to because we would have to carry boxes around and they dont want to risk you getting hurt.
How long does it take for them to reply after an interview?
Hi, I got a part time job (service counters) a few weeks ago and my start date on Partnerlink says tomorrow. I haven't had an induction yet, so is this correct? My hours on Wednesday are 4-7pm so should I just turn up at that time? I haven't had any emails regarding an induction or my first day, is this normal? Thanks :smile:
Original post by sanfrancisco-x
Hi, I got a part time job (service counters) a few weeks ago and my start date on Partnerlink says tomorrow. I haven't had an induction yet, so is this correct? My hours on Wednesday are 4-7pm so should I just turn up at that time? I haven't had any emails regarding an induction or my first day, is this normal? Thanks :smile:

You can email your manager, that's what I did and we arranged a time for the induction before my start date. Although for you, they might just do it tomorrow during your hours and you'll get paid for it I think :smile:
Okay thanks! My manager is really hard to get hold of haha but I'll ring up in the morning :smile:
So how much do you earn on a Sunday? Time and a half or double time?
Hello, I start work very soon at Waitrose but I haven't been told anything about Uniform! I don't know whether to bring trousers or what to wear as the partner handbook doesn't say to bring anything. It says uniform will be supplied, but I'm not sure if it's all the uniform or just a shirt or something. Any advice?
Original post by Fleuryette
Hello, I start work very soon at Waitrose but I haven't been told anything about Uniform! I don't know whether to bring trousers or what to wear as the partner handbook doesn't say to bring anything. It says uniform will be supplied, but I'm not sure if it's all the uniform or just a shirt or something. Any advice?

They will give you so much uniform

Posted from TSR Mobile
Including trousers and shirts?
Why did you hate working in Fresh?
Restocking in Ambient doesn't seem too bad, since you're walking around. I feel like time would pass more although I haven't actually done it so can't say anything yet :tongue:

Customer service is more my forte 😊

Also does anyone know if Bank holiday Monday is time and a half like Sunday??? Got 6.25 hours of overtime

Latest

Trending

Trending