The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
If I do better than someone, it's a bonus I end up feeling slightly chuffed with myself about, but I'm not too bothered otherwise.
Reply 101
I'm not very competitive when it comes to other people in my class, but I'm extremely competitive with my sister.

A little difficult since she's two years younger than me.

I doubt it will effect me in any way at Uni, since she's interested in a different subject, but it does act as a continual motivation to do well so I have some chance at being better at something than her. So, it might do, a little.
Not really, I don't really care, maybe too lazy to actively want to compete. Maybe that is a bad attitude.
Reply 103
Life's too short to waste time caring about that. Says the guy whiling down the late hours on TSR...

Seriously, no. Not even a little bit. Providing I do what's necessary for me.
Reply 104
very- then I realised I was terrible at exam answers and made with the AQA hate
Reply 105
If your that competitive, your just paranoid.

Rather you should just strive to bring the best out of yourself. And go where you want to go.
Although I can have high aspirations (and don't do an awful lot about them), I'm not as competitive as people expect me to be. Which, is fine by me. :laugh:
Used to be alot more, realised now that getting the highest grades arent the be all end all.
There's more to life than hitting the top A* grades. I know I am intelligent, but I also know that there will always be people smarter than myself, so why spend so much unnecessary energy fighting the inevitable. As a result I'm very content.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.
Reply 110
im competitive too, that's what makes me work harder all the time. especially is someone boasts about beating me, ohhh i wud defenetily try and woop his/her ass.
I'm at a grammar school which makes it very competitive as people get straight A's and if you get anything less than B's is kinda frowned upon.
but its good, pushes me to do better, not to the extent that i care so much that i do work 24/7 just enough to get B's cuz i know thats all im capable of :p:
Reply 112
stretch988
I'm at a grammar school which makes it very competitive as people get straight A's and if you get anything less than B's is kinda frowned upon.
but its good, pushes me to do better, not to the extent that i care so much that i do work 24/7 just enough to get B's cuz i know thats all im capable of :p:

Same.......lol im at a grammer too and its ridiculosly competitive. But thing is...right im academically competitive..and its like a good thing i show it..because i hate the idiots who are like 'i havent revise' when they have and they're scared of showing...that annoys me. lolll...
rbegum999
Same.......lol im at a grammer too and its ridiculosly competitive. But thing is...right im academically competitive..and its like a good thing i show it..because i hate the idiots who are like 'i havent revise' when they have and they're scared of showing...that annoys me. lolll...

haha yeh same! like during a levels people have been like "i havent revised" but clearly they have, i mean its a levels!

also the people who mess around all year and get 100% in AS... ( this was one of my friends, kinda annoying in ebs she would sit there and just mess around, or not turn up.. and gets straight As... just not fair lol :p: )
I'm not competetive with other people but i do aim high
Not really, I don't care about anyone else's academic performance apart from my own. I mean, I hope my friends do well, but I don't really care how I do compared to them :dontknow:

Also, I do pretty much no work in any of my classes apart from French, because I find there's not much correlation between performance in class/mock tests and the real thing - I'm more of a last minute crammer. Apart from French, I take it for granted that the rest of the class will own me, and then I'll do well in the proper exams :smile:
During my GCSEs = not at all.

During my AS levels = VERY. I'm in the top 3 in my year at the very least, academically.
On a scale of 1 to 10? More like 12.

Seriously though, I used to be uber competitive, especially with my best friend, since we both tend to get very high marks. It's a great feeling when you beat someone, but I don't really mind so much anymore. I know that when I go to uni that there will be people better than me, and I really don't care. It's enough for me to know that I've done my own best.
It's always nice to be the best lol
But it's not the be all and end all.
i don't really understand people who are extremely competitive against other people. i worry more about competing against my uni course lol

Latest