The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunshine showers
lol last time Gauti was captain he forgot to signal the bowling powerplay.:facepalm:

Really? Oh God :L

We have no real captain other than Dhoni. Look at SL, they have Sanga, Dilli and Jayawardene :frown: Even Aus, with Ponting, Clarke and then the Hussey's with experience.

I think, they should give Raina/Kohli the captaincy.
Lol no way :no:
Original post by nm786
haha,
pakistan are complete idiots, they are stupid not to improve from where they messed up last match.. and the match before.
England played well though.

i hope they don't play this sh*t in t20's.:frown:

I think they weren't very well prepared this year, they DO have potential, but they've blown their chances by making silly decisions.

Allow that fam, why you thinking about then, we might be dead then you never know :tongue:

Original post by TheProdigy2k9
Confused. Are you an England fan?

Yesh :colondollar:
Original post by y.yousef
I think they weren't very well prepared this year, they DO have potential, but they've blown their chances by making silly decisions.

Allow that fam, why you thinking about then, we might be dead then you never know :tongue:

Yesh :colondollar:

Why did you do that face like it's something to be embarrassed about?
Why did you do that face like it's something to be embarrassed about?

Because all of you lot are Pakistan/Indian Supporters, and you might stone me or something. :afraid:
Plus i'm an ethnic minority, therefore people usually expect me to support an ethnic team, so when i usually tell them i support England, they think i'm some sort of coconut :rolleyes:
Original post by y.yousef
Because all of you lot are Pakistan/Indian Supporters, and you might stone me or something. :afraid:
Plus i'm an ethnic minority, therefore people usually expect me to support an ethnic team, so when i usually tell them i support England, they think i'm some sort of coconut :rolleyes:

LOL I thought that was the reason after seeing your username.
Ahh well, it's understandable, I know quite a few Asians that support England before Pakistan/India.
Tendulkar needs to go. I don't care if he is left stranded on 99 centuries.

I am a huge Sachin fan, as every Indian is. Today he was injured and i think that is the reason why he looked very uncomfortable at the crease. I still believe that if we are going to win the CB series we need Sachin to perform as the rest of the batting order is failing with the exception of Dhoni and Gambhir. The batting order should change and gauti should play at 3 with Sachin and Sehwag opening. that way we have stability at number 3
LOL I thought that was the reason after seeing your username.
Ahh well, it's understandable, I know quite a few Asians that support England before Pakistan/India.

Thats not my name :wink:
I don't agree with that though, if thats your home country, obviously you should support it. They are surely big time cocunuts. :yep:
But England do look very smart in their cricket outfits, and kinda racist as well with their red faces :tongue:
And why is Pakistan doing 'terrible', they've played much betterin the past, they're ****ing up big time. :redface:
Original post by shyamshah
I am a huge Sachin fan, as every Indian is. Today he was injured and i think that is the reason why he looked very uncomfortable at the crease. I still believe that if we are going to win the CB series we need Sachin to perform as the rest of the batting order is failing with the exception of Dhoni and Gambhir. The batting order should change and gauti should play at 3 with Sachin and Sehwag opening. that way we have stability at number 3

Just out of interest why is that happening? Like Sachin and Sehwag opening with Gambhir one down just like in the WC?

Still think Indias ODI team is excellent and Pakistan could learn a few things from them.
Just out of interest why is that happening? Like Sachin and Sehwag opening with Gambhir one down just like in the WC?

Still think Indias ODI team is excellent and Pakistan could learn a few things from them.

The only reason is because they want Rohit Sharma to have a chance to cement his place in the ODI team and by doing this they are rotating the top 3 and giving the youngsters in the middle order a chance to prove themselves for the WC in 2015. I guess thats good because they are looking towards the future but the youngsters have failed consistently and they havent changed them at all which is not great.
Yeah India are a great ODI team and i think thats greatly because of MS Dhoni as he is such an amazing ODI batsmen, i think that we could learn a lot from the pakistan test team.
The only reason is because they want Rohit Sharma to have a chance to cement his place in the ODI team and by doing this they are rotating the top 3 and giving the youngsters in the middle order a chance to prove themselves for the WC in 2015. I guess thats good because they are looking towards the future but the youngsters have failed consistently and they havent changed them at all which is not great.
Yeah India are a great ODI team and i think thats greatly because of MS Dhoni as he is such an amazing ODI batsmen, i think that we could learn a lot from the pakistan test team.

Oh well thats a pretty good idea. In fact it's brilliant. The thing is if you're losing it's with the youngsters who can only get better I assume.
Dhoni is just :cool:... He could go on to be the second greatest ODI batsman ever (after Sir Viv of course).

I think they should be rotating the youngsters as well. Since Raina is out of form maybe they could bring in Manoj Tiwary, who scored a century in his last ODI. Also I really don't see all the hype around Rohit Sharma. If India make it to the finals, they better leave him out and play the Sachin, Sehwag and Gauti.
I think they should be rotating the youngsters as well. Since Raina is out of form maybe they could bring in Manoj Tiwary, who scored a century in his last ODI. Also I really don't see all the hype around Rohit Sharma. If India make it to the finals, they better leave him out and play the Sachin, Sehwag and Gauti.

Out of the three youngsters i would say Raina is in the best of form tbh. The only other reason that our batting line up hasnt done too well is that we have chased in every single match and havent been able to pace our own innings. Yeah i agree, although Sachin and Sehwag are in terrible form but the only way they will get into form is by playing them.
Rohit Sharma looks promising but i think everyone has put a lot of pressure on him.
Oh well thats a pretty good idea. In fact it's brilliant. The thing is if you're losing it's with the youngsters who can only get better I assume.
Dhoni is just :cool:... He could go on to be the second greatest ODI batsman ever (after Sir Viv of course).

Yeah the youngsters can only get better, but im sure India will come back to Australia or New Zealand before the world cup and so they can experiment nearer the time, at the moment they should be concentrating on winning matches and putting out there best 11.
I dont think Dhoni will ever be that good but yeah he is very very good under pressure and probably should bat a little bit higher in the order.
(edited 12 years ago)

Lol, depends on what you think about when calling someone great, but I doubt Dhoni will ever exceed Sachin. The 175 against Australia comes to my mind first, along with Razzaq's 109, when I think about last-man-standing efforts.
Original post by Straight up G
Lol, depends on what you think about when calling someone great, but I doubt Dhoni will ever exceed Sachin. The 175 against Australia comes to my mind first, along with Razzaq's 109, when I think about last-man-standing efforts.

That Sachin innings was amazing, there are many people who are one hit wonders and Dhoni needs to prove that hes more than that, but in saying that he has an average of 50+ i think and hes a wicket keeper so that must be one of the best wicket keeper batsmen ever.
That Sachin innings was amazing, there are many people who are one hit wonders and Dhoni needs to prove that hes more than that, but in saying that he has an average of 50+ i think and hes a wicket keeper so that must be one of the best wicket keeper batsmen ever.

One hit wonder? Dhoni? lol, he's proved his worth to India many times. The World Cup Final rings a bell. Amongst the top 10 in ODIs of all time already for me.
One hit wonder? Dhoni? lol, he's proved his worth to India many times. The World Cup Final rings a bell. Amongst the top 10 in ODIs of all time already for me.

He is definately more than a one hit wonder, we won the world cup because of gauti and kohli it was there partnership that got us into a good partnership.
Dhoni had no need to come in ahead of Yuvi, it wasnt as if we were in a terrible position. Everyone forgets that it was gauti that was stable for us in the world cup final and not only dhoni.
He is definately more than a one hit wonder, we won the world cup because of gauti and kohli it was there partnership that got us into a good partnership.
Dhoni had no need to come in ahead of Yuvi, it wasnt as if we were in a terrible position. Everyone forgets that it was gauti that was stable for us in the world cup final and not only dhoni.

It was the performance of a true champion. I'm Pakistani by the way. There's no downplaying Dhoni's performance, even if chasing 275 wasn't as big a deal then as it used to be 10 years ago.
It was the performance of a true champion. I'm Pakistani by the way. There's no downplaying Dhoni's performance, even if chasing 275 wasn't as big a deal then as it used to be 10 years ago.

It was a great performance, no doubt. and he showed after that, that he is a great leader and batsmen.

It was a great performance, no doubt. and he showed after that, that he is a great leader and batsmen.

Great leader maybe not, have you seen India in tests recently?

Latest