I got number 10,000
pretty sure 10001 is a better number mate
Reply 4
EngVsPak not looking too good :frown:
Game over! Humiliating defeat!
Original post by + polarity -
pretty sure 10001 is a better number mate

10,003 is even better, or even 10,006, mate, you're a genius :rolleyes:
Well played England, Cook and Finn were on a different level.

All of our batsmen got out to in-dippers basically, and that's a very clever change from the England bowlers. We struggled against Darren Sammy's off-cutters and we struggled today as well. The fielding was atrocious as well.

What we need is a re-assessment of our tactics, and more practise at playing the seaming ball. Trial by spin is good for sure, but Misbah didn't back our bowlers up in the field, there were a few edges that went through the vacant slip/second slip area, and the ground fielding was awful. Plus we wasted our review, could have got Bopara out very early, and England could have been sliding towards yet another sub-150 total, like we are atm.
Well played England, looking forward to the next game, I hope Pakistan learn...
Can anyone remember how many of the English fans were gracious in defeat on this thread and congratulated Pakistan?
Excellent innings from Cook, no other words for it.
Still don't rate Finn, we'll see what he does next game.
Should have had Bopara twice.
Fielding needs to be improved.
Drop Malik bring in Azam.

Kind of expected this after the excitement of the whitewash. Ahh well.
Shouldnt the OP create another thread since its over 10000?
Original post by pakizrulez
well take misbah as an example, hes a very confident batsman, but in pressure batting conditions he struggles, hes shown us that twice against india, but you hardly see any pressure on dhoni

I don't really know how Dhoni does it. His patience and mental strength? I really don't know :smile:

But then Misbah...he could bat for DAYS sometimes :L

Dhoni is certainly a man for the shorter form of the game, definately the kind of guy you want in the last 10-15 overs to accelerate, and get quick runs.

Whereas Misbah, his game nowadays isn't about flashy shots, but more about patiences and accumulating runs whilst staying the the crease for AGES :smile:

Dhoni is very good at hiding his emotions too.
Original post by King-Panther
Can anyone remember how many of the English fans were gracious in defeat on this thread and congratulated Pakistan?

I believe both myself and Py0alb were, whilst criticising the England batting. What are you trying to say?

In any case - meh, this is just an ODI. Would have preferred to have seen England lose 2-0 in the test series than win an ODI.
Reply 14
cook and finn well played, pakistan very unlucky,
i hope pakistan think things straight and win the next match which is on wednesday.
Original post by nm786
cook and finn well played, pakistan very unlucky,
i hope pakistan think things straight and win the next match which is on wednesday.

Umm, say what?

Our fielding was atrocious, the bowling was good but not incisive enough, the captaincy was too defensive and the batting was pretty damn poor. A few got out to good balls, but mainly, as was the case against Darren Sammy, they failed against balls which seamed inwards slightly. It's a massive technical deficiency that has to be addressed, this was often a failure of Inzamam's and Yousuf's, and still can be one of Younus's today ie, 3 of our 6 greatest batsmen ever.
Reply 16
i don't know when pakistan will realise that they need to play with confidence and have a pair that can make big partnerships.
Also, i think they should change the batting order like change asad to 5th position, it was a mistake to bring him up 3rd.
And they should bring abdur rehman instead of wahab, wahab didn't do anything special today.
And i don't know why malik was in the team, they should definitely replace him.
Why has there been a new thread made, and no one actually on that thread? :dontknow:
Original post by Captain Crash
I believe both myself and Py0alb were, whilst criticising the England batting. What are you trying to say?

In any case - meh, this is just an ODI. Would have preferred to have seen England lose 2-0 in the test series than win an ODI.

I'm certain Py0alb was very reluctant to admit Pakistan outplayed England, even till now. As for yourself, I can't remember directly but you don't seem like the person who wouldn't praise the Pakistan side if they deserved it.

England played very well, but as a Pakistan fan, I'm hoping that Pakistan can turn it around and this is a one off.
Original post by nm786
i don't know when pakistan will realise that they need to play with confidence and have a pair that can make big partnerships.
Also, i think they should change the batting order like change asad to 5th position, it was a mistake to bring him up 3rd.
And they should bring abdur rehman instead of wahab, wahab didn't do anything special today.
And i don't know why malik was in the team, they should definitely replace him.

Agree.

Latest