The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Gonville and Caius College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loubo
What do you mean by deviated from the norm, has the number of applicants gone up or down???

Ah I can't say sorry, I doubt my supervisor would be best pleased with me if I did :smile:

Regardless, it shouldn't affect your chances what with the winter pool and all.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
When do gonville normally send out replies?
Original post by teddybear2000
When do gonville normally send out replies?

Every college send out replies at the same time, they send a latter on the 11th and some send an email on the 12th. From what I've heard Caius just send a letter. The people in the Cambridge applicants thread will know more.
Can someone here confirm that Caius only sends letters and no emails regarding offers/rejections?
Original post by martaganger
Can someone here confirm that Caius only sends letters and no emails regarding offers/rejections?

They certainly have sent emails for international applicants.
Has anyone in the uk heard from caius yet?
Original post by Ac123fw
Has anyone in the uk heard from caius yet?

No I haven't, and looking at the other threads to do with Cambridge 'decision day' no-one else has either :frown: Best of luck though for tomorrow!
Original post by physftw
No I haven't, and looking at the other threads to do with Cambridge 'decision day' no-one else has either :frown: Best of luck though for tomorrow!

My post has come and still no letter from Caius!
Check your UCAS track as my offer was on there and I hadn't received a notification email so it could be on there now.
Anyone else got offers for AMES?
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Ah I can't say sorry, I doubt my supervisor would be best pleased with me if I did :smile:

Regardless, it shouldn't affect your chances what with the winter pool and all.

Now that the application process is over, would be able to say whether the number who applied went up or down this year?
Does anyone know a girl from Hong Kong, currently studying in Brighton College who applied for law in Gonville & Caius? She went for formals dinner on the night of 7th December. 她是我最想留住的幸运... :frown:
Original post by hopefulmedic97
Now that the application process is over, would be able to say whether the number who applied went up or down this year?

A bit of a late reply but...

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 22.39.41.jpg
Hi everyone, what are you applying for? What is your academic portfolio? Have you gotten anything back yet? General discussion of application to Caius. Good luck everyone.
Original post by MrRoboto
Hi everyone, what are you applying for? What is your academic portfolio? Have you gotten anything back yet? General discussion of application to Caius. Good luck everyone.

I'm so glad there's finally a thread! I looked for one a couple weeks ago on here but couldn't find one which made me sad. So thank you!

I applied for Law, haven't heard anything back yet, but following a look at the spreadsheet of interview offers that's been put up on the general applicants thread, it doesn't look like anyone else has either.

My academic portfolio is as follows:
GCSEs: 10A*s, 1A (in Latin- still irks me to this day haha)
AS Levels: 2As (in maths and chemistry), 1B (in further maths which i have since dropped as I also take English Lit but wasn't required to sit the exam)
A2 Predictions: A*AA (Maths)

really hoping the B doesn't squander my chances and I'm also regretting not pushing for predicted grades above the standard offer. My chemistry teacher did say she was open to giving me an A* with a serious discussion, but at the time I thought just the one A* prediction would be fine.

What about you, OP?
I thought it was pretty weird that there was no thread for Caius on here! Anyway, I applied for Computer Science and my academic portfolio is as follows:
GCSEs: 11A*s, 1A (Mine was English Lang. I feel your pain :smile:)
AS Levels: 5As (Maths, Further Maths, Chem, Physics, Computer Science)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*A*

I haven't heard anything back either, although I did get the postcard back from the admissions form.
How was your AS UMS?

Well you're clearly some sort of machine, seems fitting considering you're applying for computer science. If everyone else has your academic record i do not stand a chance wow. Congrats though, those are incredible results.

UMS wasn't all that's great, 98, 87, 83 for maths and 80, 69 67 in further. Any chance that the fact I'm applying for an arts subject counteracts that do you think? And how did you do?
Might be a good idea to add a link to this page to the main Cambridge thread. This page will be really useful for Cauis applicants to discuss how long they're waiting for info etc!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3164815&page=499

Hi! I'm applying for ASNC! So glad this thread has been made.

My academic portfolio:
GCSEs: 5A*s, 5As and a distinction in further mathematics (I went to a really hideous school so mine was one of the top results)
I'm in my third year of college at present
AS Levels: 4As
A levels: 2 As, and predicted 2A*s and an A* in EPQ

Also I intern for a publishing company and a GCSE revision material company (I make the GCSE revision guides) anddd I'm the poet in residence at the Dylan Thomas Birthplace (I don't even like Dylan Thomas but there we are then).

Haven't heard anything from Caius yet, but had an unconditional from both Nottingham and York!

Has anyone received any offers from other universities?
Caius haven't sent any invitations out today at all! Do you reckon they are usually late?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending