The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by KingGoonIan
Just got an offer from Northumbria after waiting about a month after interview - YES! :biggrin:

Hey :smile: well done on your offers! have you decided which one your firming yet? am i right in thinking its surrey? I've firmed Surrey for children's nursing i'm so excited!! Have you sorted out you student finance yet, and do you know when we apply for the nhs bursary?
Rachel xx
Original post by carysbethan
good luck :smile: my interview for coventry was the 10th january! and worcester still havent got back to me :frown: x

oh rightttt, i have an interveiw there on the 29th, was it okay?
what was the day like, hard questions? xx
Original post by R Lynch
Hey :smile: well done on your offers! have you decided which one your firming yet? am i right in thinking its surrey? I've firmed Surrey for children's nursing i'm so excited!! Have you sorted out you student finance yet, and do you know when we apply for the nhs bursary?
Rachel xx

Hey yes I'm definitely firming Surrey though I'd be almost as happy with Northumbria so I've put them as insurance. I started to apply for my NHS bursary only to discover that you cannot send off your actual application until about April-June. You can full out your details though so you're ready when this happens - filling out details can take a long time so it's worth doing this. I haven't applied for my student finance yet I better get on with that.

Well done on your offer btw if I haven't said so already. Also have you sent back your forms yet? Only did mine last week.
Reply 1863
Hey yes I'm definitely firming Surrey though I'd be almost as happy with Northumbria so I've put them as insurance. I started to apply for my NHS bursary only to discover that you cannot send off your actual application until about April-June. You can full out your details though so you're ready when this happens - filling out details can take a long time so it's worth doing this. I haven't applied for my student finance yet I better get on with that.

Well done on your offer btw if I haven't said so already. Also have you sent back your forms yet? Only did mine last week.

I have logged onto the nhs bursary website but I wasn't sure if it was the right thing :s so I haven't done anything else to it yet, we're planning on sorting out all the finance this half term. It going to take ages!! I sent all my forms off a while back now, although I haven't had any of the injections as my doctor's don't do them have you had them? Have you looked at accomadation yet, do you have any preferences? I don't mind where I am aslong as i have an ensuite! :smile: x
Original post by R Lynch
I have logged onto the nhs bursary website but I wasn't sure if it was the right thing :s so I haven't done anything else to it yet, we're planning on sorting out all the finance this half term. It going to take ages!! I sent all my forms off a while back now, although I haven't had any of the injections as my doctor's don't do them have you had them? Have you looked at accomadation yet, do you have any preferences? I don't mind where I am aslong as i have an ensuite! :smile: x

I haven't had any of the immunisations that they asked about on the form. I know that Northumbria said they would immunise me if I haven't had them so I assume it'd be the same at Surrey.

I've stayed with my mates when they were first years at Surrey and I plan to live there because it wasn't too far away from the campus but it wasn't too close either to the campus.

Who's your insurance?
Reply 1865
I haven't had any of the immunisations that they asked about on the form. I know that Northumbria said they would immunise me if I haven't had them so I assume it'd be the same at Surrey.

I've stayed with my mates when they were first years at Surrey and I plan to live there because it wasn't too far away from the campus but it wasn't too close either to the campus.

Who's your insurance?

That's what I was thinking I've kept in contact with a few girls who I met on the selection day and none of them have had the injections so i'm assuming we'll get them done at uni. Whereabouts did your friends stay, in halls? My insurance is Southampton both have BBB requirements but I heard if Southampton want you they are leniant with their entry requirements :smile:
Original post by R Lynch
That's what I was thinking I've kept in contact with a few girls who I met on the selection day and none of them have had the injections so i'm assuming we'll get them done at uni. Whereabouts did your friends stay, in halls? My insurance is Southampton both have BBB requirements but I heard if Southampton want you they are leniant with their entry requirements :smile:

Not sure what the place is called but it was like a big block of flats near Tesco across a big field and at the time they were brand new. They just had everything I'd need and they had nice surroundings (it snowed overnight so in the morning it was really pretty). Do you have preference? You also know we cannot apply yet, right?

Ok nice one I heard Southamptons a great Uni as well. My offer from Northumbria is one grade less than the Surrey offer.
Reply 1867
Original post by glf2110

Original post by glf2110
People seem to say that the maths is quite hard but compared to some others, it just required a bit more thought. It's perfectly doable. :smile: The English was easy, we just bullet pointed some nursing issues but others have said that they wrote more in full. Just depends what they tell you on the day. Read the pre-read, acquaint yourself with Surestart and other current health issues and you'll be fine. They're lovely at Southampton, esp Jim Bird. 1st years are out on placement at the mo so you won't get to meet us.
Good luck, it's great here.

Thankyou, im so nervous, I hope all goes well im just going to revise revise revise, i so want this !!!!
Reply 1868
Not sure what the place is called but it was like a big block of flats near Tesco across a big field and at the time they were brand new. They just had everything I'd need and they had nice surroundings (it snowed overnight so in the morning it was really pretty). Do you have preference? You also know we cannot apply yet, right?

Ok nice one I heard Southamptons a great Uni as well. My offer from Northumbria is one grade less than the Surrey offer.

On the website it said applications for Autumn 2012 open in early March :smile: umm i'm not too sure where I want to be yet, the halls off campus aren't too far away so I don't really mind, fingers crossed I can get an ensuite room! Are you in sixth form or college at the moment, what are you studying?
Original post by R Lynch
On the website it said applications for Autumn 2012 open in early March :smile: umm i'm not too sure where I want to be yet, the halls off campus aren't too far away so I don't really mind, fingers crossed I can get an ensuite room! Are you in sixth form or college at the moment, what are you studying?

I'm at college studying Health & Social Care and I've gotta do GCSE Science on the side (that's my main worry). What about yourself?
Reply 1870
I'm at college studying Health & Social Care and I've gotta do GCSE Science on the side (that's my main worry). What about yourself?

I'm in 6th form and i'm studying English Literature, Psychology and Sociology I dropped Human Biology last year, i was terrible at it haha!!
Original post by R Lynch
I'm in 6th form and i'm studying English Literature, Psychology and Sociology I dropped Human Biology last year, i was terrible at it haha!!

Cool good luck with your studies! Hopefully will see ya at Surrey. Thought you might also be interested in this: http://portal.surrey.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=731,2162687&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

You can download the timetable for the first term of the March 2012 intake, it gives you an idea of what our first term might be like.
Original post by Lauren12
Thankyou, im so nervous, I hope all goes well im just going to revise revise revise, i so want this !!!!

Im not brilliant at maths. Just go over BBC bitesize maths. You'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 1873
Cool good luck with your studies! Hopefully will see ya at Surrey. Thought you might also be interested in this: http://portal.surrey.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=731,2162687&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

You can download the timetable for the first term of the March 2012 intake, it gives you an idea of what our first term might be like.

Finger's crossed!! Will be nice to meet you! Good luck with yours too! Thank you so much, that's given me a real idea of what it will be like!!!
Original post by zoii
Oh ye..that doesnt seem to bad then (: Hopefully Cardiff, Wheres yours?x x

oo good luck :smile: i just wanna start uni now haha! Swansea's mine :smile: xx
Has anyone applied to university of Leeds or Leeds met for adult nursing?
I applied to Leeds Met and I have a Conditional Offer!
Reply 1877
Has anyone heard from Greenwich yet ?? Child nursing who went last Wednesday for maths and English tests
im still waiting to hear from leeds met (: nd bradford...
Original post by lauren_lfc

Original post by lauren_lfc
Has anyone applied to university of Leeds or Leeds met for adult nursing?

Heya, I've applied for Leeds uni Adult and have just firmed them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending