The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Has anyone who had an interview at nottingham on the 22nd feb heard back from them yet?
Original post by sk1994
Has anyone who had an interview at nottingham on the 22nd feb heard back from them yet?

Hi, I went on the same day as you but haven't heard anything yet! I suppose its the waiting game now! Is Nottingham going to be your first choice? :smile:
Reply 3022
Very happy, offer from Huddersfield today after a ridiculously apprentice like interview yesterday.
Reply 3023
Original post by hollybanolly
Hi, I went on the same day as you but haven't heard anything yet! I suppose its the waiting game now! Is Nottingham going to be your first choice? :smile:

Not too sure.. but if I do get an offer I would find it very hard to choose a firm XD what about you?
Reply 3024
anyone firmes LSOP? if so let me know when and how to apply for accommodation haha! good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 3025
Original post by Crazy_Kiwi
hey i have an interview there tmo too...just been doing some research and the threads ive seen are saying its mostly conversions and percentages :smile:

Thankyou :smile: It was a strange test. hope it went well for you
Reply 3026
just got an offer from manchester... reallly happy but sad at the same time because I really hoped for an offer of ABB but got AAB and have to get a B in bio and A in chem and maths.. maths is alright but chemistry is what i am scared about.. eeeekk !
Original post by godknows
just got an offer from manchester... reallly happy but sad at the same time because I really hoped for an offer of ABB but got AAB and have to get a B in bio and A in chem and maths.. maths is alright but chemistry is what i am scared about.. eeeekk !

Well done!:smile: What uni you firming?
Reply 3028
Original post by Jin3011
Well done!:smile: What uni you firming?

thank you .. Right now I want to firm manchester but that might change after visiting UEA for my interview on 22nd march so i am still not sure :confused:
Original post by otrivine
got an offer from UCL!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else :wink:

Congrats!!!!! :biggrin:D
Hey guys, I have interviews for Manchester, Nottingham and Liverpool John moores all coming up within the next month! If anyone could give me any help on any of them that'd be AMAZING! :smile:
ANyone know the last interview date for Huddersfield? Still havent got a reply from them and am thinking rejection but want to be sure :P
Original post by OliviaPinsy
Hey guys, I have interviews for Manchester, Nottingham and Liverpool John moores all coming up within the next month! If anyone could give me any help on any of them that'd be AMAZING! :smile:

looking back John moores was a push over if I'm honest lol. I did quite a bit of research, and was worried about how it would go and if I wud stutter during one- on-one and all that but I ended up not even having a one- on-one because they just did a group interview with 5 other applicants in the same room. Simply put, you just had to sound as if you were interested in the field. As it was only half an hour long that wasnt nearly enough time to interview everyone indepth. It was really nice and chatty too making you feel at ease.

The aptitude test (which I doubt all pharmacy schools do) was GCSE level, with all the neccesary information provided in the question. On top of that most of it was multiple choice :P They replied back to me within 3 days, which I think means that if they've called you for interview, they've pretty much made up their mind about you already:cool:
Reply 3033
Does anyone know how long it takes for kings to get back to you after an interview? :smile:
Reply 3034

Manchester was my worst interview lol but the two assesments you have to do (maths test and a short essay) were quite easy - but i'd put something really confusing in my PS and they picked at it so my interview went horribly so make sure you go over your PS and they talk general ethics discussion which was okay.
Nottingham was so much better it was basically a discussion a few knowledge questions but i got a pick of what i wanted to be asked on in chemistry and we talked about the article i was sent for about 5 mins and it was over before i knew it - hope that helps :smile:

When is your John Moores interview? I have mine on the 3rd April :eek:
Reply 3036
Original post by cherri3
Does anyone know how long it takes for kings to get back to you after an interview? :smile:

it varies but usually about 2 weeks ...good luck!
Can't believe LJMU are still interviewing, a few of my friends have been rejected post interview so it does seem like they're getting a little meaner on admissions side of things. Good look to all of to that still need to hear from them!
Original post by cherri3

I asked a woman and she said 2-3 weeks.
Reply 3039
Original post by clare.hughes1
Oh god, don't! Is it really that bad? What questions did they ask you? How was the test? What sort of questions were on it? My interview is April and trying to prepare :-(

Well, I thought it was intimidating in a group- which is weird I know..but I got an offer anyway so it's all good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending