The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's solid for most good unis, but for Oxbridge and similar schools probably won't quite cut it.
Reply 2
It's a difficult topic because it's subjective. I personally would be gutted with ABB @A2, It's a death sentence for any competitive course at top unis (oxbridge, imperial, warwick etc).

edit: why am I getting negged? BRB applying for econ at Cambridge with ABB @A2.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Venomilys
It's a difficult topic because it's subjective. I personally would be gutted with ABB @A2, It's a death sentence for any competitive course at top unis (oxbridge, imperial, warwick etc).

What about for a top 25 University. Would you regard them as respectable results
Reply 4
Depends on what subject you want to study and how competitive the course is.
I know people who go to top 25 unis with worse grades then ABB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by HK786
What about for a top 25 University. Would you regard them as respectable results

Yes, ABB is certainly sufficient for that caliber of uni.
Reply 6
bump
Reply 7
its good results and above average but a lot of courses ask for aab so its a bit unlucky. it depends which subject you are doing.
Reply 8
Original post by lucas13
its good results and above average but a lot of courses ask for aab so its a bit unlucky

I got into a A*AA course at a top 25 with ABB so I'm really happy about that.
Reply 9
ABB certainly is a good result, but ofcourse it depends on what you are used to.

Original post by HK786
I got into a A*AA course at a top 25 with ABB so I'm really happy about that.

Congratulations on this. :wink:
Reply 10
If you're thinking about oxbridge then its terrible... for other low ranking unis its good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Arieisit
If you're thinking about oxbridge then its terrible... for other low ranking unis its good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Low ranking? So a University in the Top 25 is low ranking?
Original post by HK786
Would you regard them as respectable results

Yes. They are respectable. 'Good' is too ambiguous, but I would definitely consider ABB 'respectable'.

Original post by HK786

Well, it's low compared to the top unis and high compared to others.
Reply 13
Original post by HK786

Compared to Oxford and Cambridge, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Compared to Oxford and Cambridge, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well most things when compared to Oxbridge are pretty crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely ABB is good enough to get into a top 25 ranked university (for most courses) Even more next year since Universities will be given the nod to take as many achievers with AAB/ABB?
correct me if i'm wrong.
Yes. But be prepared to be lambasted by supervirgins who think anything except A***** and Oxford means you're a failure.

Spoiler

Reply 17
I think AAA is a good set of grades to have. But that is my personal opinion. I would be gutted with ABB though (That would mean I got a B in Further Maths?!?!?!)
Original post by Robbie242
I think AAA is a good set of grades to have. But that is my personal opinion. I would be gutted with ABB though (That would mean I got a B in Further Maths?!?!?!)

Why? :lolwut: I don't get this obsession with grades. Exams don't prove intelligence and all they are is a means to an end, providing you get into the uni you want why does the actual grade matter?
Reply 19
Nah an ABB is a good grade in my eyes, after that it's where you studied for uni that counts and like you mentioned you got into an A*AA course, I think you did pretty well! What course did you get into and where if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest