The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snikerio
Ayy they're two of my favourites. Have you done any coursework in French yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry and French at A2 and then go into Veterinary Medicine (fingers crossed)
I've done 4 pieces of coursework this year: two writing, two speaking. Got As in writing and A*s in speaking. I'm hoping to do another writing next year to ensure an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by buzzyambee
I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry and French at A2 and then go into Veterinary Medicine (fingers crossed)
I've done 4 pieces of coursework this year: two writing, two speaking. Got As in writing and A*s in speaking. I'm hoping to do another writing next year to ensure an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive done all 4 Spanish coursework and gotten 3A*'s in the 2 writing and 1 speaking and an A in the 2nd speaking. Have you done your mocks?
And have you done the math pixel papers?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haseeb798
Ive done all 4 Spanish coursework and gotten 3A*'s in the 2 writing and 1 speaking and an A in the 2nd speaking. Have you done your mocks?
And have you done the math pixel papers?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have but only one of the pixl papers as I was ill on the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I have but only one of the pixl papers as I was ill on the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you do paper 1 and is it hard? Who creates these papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. If you want any tips look at my recent posts - there's only 4 or so it shouldn't be hard to find lol - because I posted some tips for speakings. Good luck again! I'm sure your writing was great too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: I got an A in that writing which I am really happy about. I will look for those tips. Thanks again :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good!! I've got a*s in all my French CAs and some how 2 a*s and an a in my German (I find it much harder than French) but I feel like they might go down in moderation. Have you got any mocks back? If so, how did they go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrMackyTv
Thanks! :smile: I got an A in that writing which I am really happy about. I will look for those tips. Thanks again :biggrin:

No problem :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I've finally gotten my results back for English. We answered the extract questions from Macbeth, a Christmas carol , poetry and also unseen poetry. the total was out of 118. I really want to get a 9 but the teachers seem to be clueless about it, they don't really know what a 9 is or anything. I got 117/118 which is a 8+ but my teacher said that it is really a 9 but he just couldn't really give it out. Has anyone else gotten this or have experienced something similar?
Original post by bluepearl7
Hi!

I've finally gotten my results back for English. We answered the extract questions from Macbeth, a Christmas carol , poetry and also unseen poetry. the total was out of 118. I really want to get a 9 but the teachers seem to be clueless about it, they don't really know what a 9 is or anything. I got 117/118 which is a 8+ but my teacher said that it is really a 9 but he just couldn't really give it out. Has anyone else gotten this or have experienced something similar?

117/118!! That's brilliant!!!! Definitely 1 mark less than full marks would be a 9. The problem is though teachers don't, as yet, really have any indication of where the grade boundaries will be so many have been told just not to award 9s at all for now. It is pretty obvious though that 1 mark off full marks will be a 9 so well done :smile:
Original post by bluepearl7
Hi!

wow that's really really good! Congrats!
Did you do paper 1 and is it hard? Who creates these papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA paper 3. I didn't find it extremely difficult but it had quite a few worded problems which took me a while to get my head around 😅 They're made by PiXL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so good!! I've got a*s in all my French CAs and some how 2 a*s and an a in my German (I find it much harder than French) but I feel like they might go down in moderation. Have you got any mocks back? If so, how did they go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good! For my mocks I got an A in English, B in maths, A in physics, A* biology and E in history (I panicked and missed out a 20 marks essay 😬). Annoyed with my history result (my target's an A) but then again it was all down to nerves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
That's really good! For my mocks I got an A in English, B in maths, A in physics, A* biology and E in history (I panicked and missed out a 20 marks essay 😬). Annoyed with my history result (my target's an A) but then again it was all down to nerves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on your mocks!!! It's a shame about the history, but I suppose it's better it happens now than in the actually exam - I'm sure you would've done brilliantly if you had more time. Good luck for next time! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
117/118!! That's brilliant!!!! Definitely 1 mark less than full marks would be a 9. The problem is though teachers don't, as yet, really have any indication of where the grade boundaries will be so many have been told just not to award 9s at all for now. It is pretty obvious though that 1 mark off full marks will be a 9 so well done

Thanks! I was quite shocked but yeah hopefully i can get similar results in my GCSES.

Original post by JTran38
wow that's really really good! Congrats!

Thankyou!:smile:
I'm a year 10!!!! My biggest advice is for science MyGCSESCIENCE helps so much but they pay, from additional up you have to pay BUT if you subscribe on their YouTube channel, you'll find it their for free!!!
I did AQA paper 3. I didn't find it extremely difficult but it had quite a few worded problems which took me a while to get my head around 😅 They're made by PiXL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks.
Is pixl an exam board? And have you done your mock exams?
Ok thanks.
Is pixl an exam board? And have you done your mock exams?

No, they just make practise papers and other revision things. They make the paper in the style of the exam board you're going, for example, my school are doing AQA.
No, they just make practise papers and other revision things. They make the paper in the style of the exam board you're going, for example, my school are doing AQA.

Oh ok thanks.
Has anyone done their speaking for English? Mine's coming up and I can't find anyone who has done it lol
Original post by Lemur14
Has anyone done their speaking for English? Mine's coming up and I can't find anyone who has done it

No one has done it because we don't do speaking. We are doing the new specification and speaking isn't included in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest