The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Freshers wristbands

Roughly how much will they be, what it allows you to do, and when and where do they go on sale?
Reply 1
They're £55, they'll get you into all the events on fresher's week, and they'll be on sale from the Student Union's box office (on the 18th I think, not 100% sure though).

All the details are the on the facebook event page.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
if i am only 17 is there any point of me getting one?
Reply 3
Original post by uniquestions
if i am only 17 is there any point of me getting one?

Sadly no. The events are all ID'd at the door, so I don't think you'd be able to get in at all. There will of course be events on during freshers week that you can go to (and for people who don't enjoy the usual stuff), but they aren't included in the wristband anyway, so you won't need one for them.
Reply 4
So is the wristband only for the freshers nights in rubix? Or does it cover other events?
£55 is going to b more than what im planning to spend on food each week. It seems rather expensive! I know it's only a one off and its good value but if i only want to go to a couple of things, can i really afford it?:confused:
Reply 6
Original post by zguitarmagic
£55 is going to b more than what im planning to spend on food each week. It seems rather expensive! I know it's only a one off and its good value but if i only want to go to a couple of things, can i really afford it?:confused:

It's up to you if you feel it's worth it or not. Tickets to individual nights will be around £20 due to having to pay for the acts that are on. Apart from the last week of the year, these prices are very much a one off though. Usual ticket prices are between £1.50 and £7 depending on the event, which is a lot easier to stomach!
Reply 7
You may as well buy the wristband, the freshers events are usually really good (I've been in 2nd and 3rd year as well), and you'll get to meet loads of people and talk about what happened the night before each day (Freshers can turn someone from zero to hero or vice versa).
Original post by Dan1909
It's up to you if you feel it's worth it or not. Tickets to individual nights will be around £20 due to having to pay for the acts that are on. Apart from the last week of the year, these prices are very much a one off though. Usual ticket prices are between £1.50 and £7 depending on the event, which is a lot easier to stomach!

Oh right i c now. No thats alright cos none of those acts r particularly my sort of thing anyway. I think i'll just go to one i fancy and pay separately. Thanks for the info muchh appreciated! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending