The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Guys I have no idea what you are emailing them for, I like live on my own world... but keep me updated!!

Also, have you guys seen this ?

http://lancastermed.blogspot.com/ Its a blog where you can ask things to current med students!
Reply 41
Original post by areyousure?
Guys I have no idea what you are emailing them for, I like live on my own world... but keep me updated!!

Also, have you guys seen this ?

http://lancastermed.blogspot.com/ Its a blog where you can ask things to current med students!

Hey, I'm in same positionas you (Ithink). I've applied to 3 of the same choices as you, instead of UEA I have BSMS. Which subject are you re-sitting?
Original post by Aysha92
Hey, I'm in same positionas you (Ithink). I've applied to 3 of the same choices as you, instead of UEA I have BSMS. Which subject are you re-sitting?

Chemistry :smile: you?
Reply 43

blergh guess I am the only one resitting all three :')
Original post by Doctor.
blergh guess I am the only one resitting all three :')

Actually I am resitting two but that's just because I have AABB and I want to have AAAA :P

Best of luck :biggrin: where did you apply?
Reply 45
Lancaster, Leeds, and Liverpool. got 2 down for Pharmacy, just in case :smile:
^^ +ve rep because i'd like to know as well :tongue:

I did email them regarding previous admissions statistics a few months ago when I was still deciding which unis to apply to and this is the response I got:

"We are still a fairly new school so it is difficult to give you accurate numbers for each year it is still changing. This year we had around 430 applications, the previous year around 330 but some of this may be due to the new fee regime coming in next time round."

The numbers don't sound too bad but i guess you have to remember that 50 is not a large number of places (1 and a half of your tutor group or something at sixthform), certainly not enough to make a proper year group
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47

Also chemistry, really annoying as I was only a few marks off. Where did you have offers from last year?
Original post by gloriousballs
also what are the possible interview dates here? It's a nightmare trying to plan a gap year around 'potential' interviews!!!

Five consecutive Wednesday's jan to feb
Original post by Quackers93
I've not applied for Lancaster, but I'll email them just for the hell of it (to help all you guys out cause I'm a nice person like that :wink: ) At least they can't kick me out and it's not like they're going to run to the other unis and tell on me... I hope :K:

Oh Kirstie how I love you :h:
Original post by doctor.
lancaster, leeds, and liverpool. Got 2 down for pharmacy, just in case :smile:

i applied those three too :d
Reply 50
Original post by laurenl93
i applied those three too :d

wooo cool, see you the interviews :wink:
Original post by Aysha92
Also chemistry, really annoying as I was only a few marks off. Where did you have offers from last year?

Last year I only got one offer, from Birmingham.
Original post by laurenl93
Oh Kirstie how I love you :h:

:^_^::awesome:

Stupid tsr won't let me +rep you... so here's a dancing banana instead :banana: :h:
Reply 53
:^_^::awesome:

Stupid tsr won't let me +rep you... so here's a dancing banana instead :banana: :h:

WTF, it wont let me +rep your dancing banana. :eek:
Original post by Doctor.

What's the tsr based world coming to D:
Original post by Doctor.

What's the tsr based world coming to D:

I +repped both yo' asses :sexface:
Reply 56
I FINALLY FOUND THIS THREAD! :O hey guys! I am an international applicant from Canada! :biggrin:
Original post by lizzy999
I FINALLY FOUND THIS THREAD! :O hey guys! I am an international applicant from Canada! :biggrin:

Welcome!! I thought Lancaster was only for EU/UK students but nice to know overseas applicants can also apply :smile:
Reply 58
Welcome!! I thought Lancaster was only for EU/UK students but nice to know overseas applicants can also apply :smile:

Ummm ok, I'm scared now..... I never got an email reply from Lancaster about the international applicants question, but then I saw they accept the IB diploma, so I just assumed they accepted the international qualifications as well :confused: if they dont accept international applicants, would they automatically reject an IB certificate from an international applicant?
Reply 59

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending