The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Starsailor
L'Etranger by Albert Camus.

Michael

That's a fantastic book!

I'm reading 'Timolean Vieta Come Home' by Dan Rhodes. I'm actually really enjoying it, the sense of humour is quite dark and it's really easy to read. After having to do exams I can't handle reading anything complex at the moment!
Reply 21
Clive Cussler: Sahara
Reply 22
I've started reading Moby Dick, it's good so far.
Reply 23
Blood of the Fold (again).
Reply 24
Starsailor
L'Etranger by Albert Camus.

Michael

:mad:
Don't like it. My teacher was a big poo.
Reply 25
I am reading Star Wars Episode 3, just to see what was missed out from the movie :biggrin:
Reply 26
yo-less
Ewan McGreggor?

No, it's McGregor according to his book.
I'm reading a few at the moment:

"Wasted" by Marya Hornbacher, for about the 20th time - fantastic book!
"Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov (Sp?)
"On the Origin of Species" Charles Darwin
Reply 28
reading a series of books called Poldark, all about my beloved Cornwall
Reply 29
friendlyneutron
I'm reading a few at the moment:

"Wasted" by Marya Hornbacher, for about the 20th time - fantastic book!
Oh, I just finished reading it today! I hadn't read it for years. It is!
No Future
Oh, I just finished reading it today! I hadn't read it for years. It is!

It's the best I've read on the subject - it's very easy to relate to, she's a fantastic writer. I've heard that she's written some fiction as well. While "the best little girl in the world", "stick figure girl" etc are good I just don't think they're as personal as wasted which is why I think the book's so good. v. vivd.
Reply 31
The Handmaiden's Tale - Margaret Atwood

just finished Brick Lane (!) which is really good if u stick though to the end which neither of my parents had the determination to do!
Nothing.
I'm waiting for my copy of Kiss Me Judas by Will Baer to come through the post. Damn independent Amazon sellers!
Reply 33
Da Vinci Code - just started it
Reply 34
letts revison GCSE revsion science book :p:

i dont know what my exam is tomorrow so im reading all of it :rolleyes:
Reply 35
friendlyneutron
It's the best I've read on the subject - it's very easy to relate to, she's a fantastic writer. I've heard that she's written some fiction as well. While "the best little girl in the world", "stick figure girl" etc are good I just don't think they're as personal as wasted which is why I think the book's so good. v. vivd.
Yes, she's also written "The Center of Winter" which I'd like to read at some point. I've never read "the best little girl in the world" but I've heard it isn't very good and Levenkron, as Hornbacher noted in "Wasted" did not paint an accurate picture and used the book to promote himself as a doctor etc. I once read "the Passion of Alice", but all the religious stuff started to bore me after a while. Of all the other books I've read on this, "Wasted" is by far the best; not just the content but the way she writes it, I can't explain it. There are some others that look very interesting but I haven't had the chance to read them - one is a diary that the father put together after the girl died...
Reply 36
Gaskell
I am reading Star Wars Episode 3, just to see what was missed out from the movie :biggrin:

Scratch that. I finished it last night :biggrin:

Might read Mockingbook now, or Art of War :smile:
Reply 37
Elizabethan Parliaments 1559-1601, by Michael AR Graves. Guess who has a History exam coming up.
Kirjava
Out - Natsuo Kirino (perverse feminism, as one of the reviews describes it)
Interview with a Vampire - Anne Rice (never read one of her books before.. but I thought I'd give it a go)

I bought Out - Natsuo Kirino about a month ago, but not had a chance to read it yet(i have a long reading list :rolleyes:) is it good?

I'm currently reading:

I, Lucifer - Glen Duncan (Lucifer is given a chance to get back into heaven, this is like his autobiography)

The Witching Hour - Anne Rice (A story based a round a familty of witches from New Orleans)
Reply 39
Middlemarch by George Eliot. It's on my reading list for my degree so it's mixing work and pleasure, but because it's 800 pages long I'm pagewatching and thinking it'll never be over!!

Latest

Trending

Trending