The Student Room Group

Going into year 13; still no idea what to apply for :(

So I'll be returning back to school for Year 13 in Sept and the school is really pushing through with UCAS etc (personal statements). Thing is, I still don't know what I'd like to do, career/degree wise.

I've been thinking of courses including:
- Business
- Economics
- Law

But I don't really know if I would enjoy them, plus, I've heard bad things about business degrees. Argh, how did you guys make this decision, did you already know what you wanted to do?
Reply 1
Bumpy Bump.
Reply 2
What A Level subjects have you chosen?

They all seem along the same lines, so perhaps there is a hidden interest in them :smile: It's difficult to know whether you're going to enjoy something unless you really look into it and find something that makes you really happy and keeps you motivated!

Have a talk with a Careers Advisor, if you school has one, although there is Connexions too. Also, have a look at careers websites and see what you can do with those subjects ^^

Don't let other opinions put you off either. If you think you'd be happy doing a business degree, and can see yourself being successful with it, go ahead and do it!

As for me, when I applied, I couldn't decide between Psychology and Geography. I'd loved Geography for ages, but as soon as I took Psychology for AS Level, I loved it! So I choose Psychology, based on the fact that career prospects are better afterwards, and I do not regret my decision. It also helps that it is my strongest subject (although I massively improved in Geography which was a major shock!).
JAgg
So I'll be returning back to school for Year 13 in Sept and the school is really pushing through with UCAS etc (personal statements). Thing is, I still don't know what I'd like to do, career/degree wise.

I've been thinking of courses including:
- Business
- Economics
- Law

But I don't really know if I would enjoy them, plus, I've heard bad things about business degrees. Argh, how did you guys make this decision, did you already know what you wanted to do?

Unless you are confident you see yourself starting your own business within the next 10 - 20 years then take business studies.
Otherwise take economics. Job prospects are far greater for economic graduates than business.
Economics and Law is harder to get into University.
Law is a tricky essay type/long hours work type of subject. Unless you like this sort of stuff, then take it.
Reply 4
think about what do u mean for FUNNY or AMAZING job---maybe can help u

Latest

Trending

Trending