The Student Room Group

resiting/ foundation year/ going to a slightly worse univeristy?

I got a BDD in economics maths and physics I had applied to Loughborough and surrey which was AAB and ABB and i wasn't given extra time for my year 12 or year 13 even though I have confirmed slow writing which i got tested for and i believe i had slow thinking but still didn't receive extra time would there be anything I can do now?.

Also I was applying for mechanical engineering but since I did so poorly i swapped to computer science and in that field I believe experience matters more then grades. I have an offer from Aberystwyth (rank 29 apparently) for CCC I also can take a foundation year but I'm not sure if its worth taking I got one for east anglia but I don't know if taking an extra year is worth it. I could also resit maths and physics and i think i could get AAB/ABB and I'm really confused what to do since my school doesn't take resits any advice would be greatly appreciated
Original post by tired_arnav
I got a BDD in economics maths and physics I had applied to Loughborough and surrey which was AAB and ABB and i wasn't given extra time for my year 12 or year 13 even though I have confirmed slow writing which i got tested for and i believe i had slow thinking but still didn't receive extra time would there be anything I can do now?.

Also I was applying for mechanical engineering but since I did so poorly i swapped to computer science and in that field I believe experience matters more then grades. I have an offer from Aberystwyth (rank 29 apparently) for CCC I also can take a foundation year but I'm not sure if its worth taking I got one for east anglia but I don't know if taking an extra year is worth it. I could also resit maths and physics and i think i could get AAB/ABB and I'm really confused what to do since my school doesn't take resits any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi there :hello:
Firstly, this sounds like a tough situation so wanted to send big hugs your way.

I would definitely advise to take some time to think through what you really want to do. Sure CompSci is an awesome field but I would still advise against directly going into it if it's not necessarily something you'd enjoy studying for 4 ish years. Take some time to research the course and see if it's for you.

Regarding the extra-time query, I am not sure but this sounds like something you can discuss with your school to see if there is any grounds for appealing. Your exams officer may be able to help here. I am not sure about the specifics of the situation so don't know if it would be worth going for but your school will be able to help there.

If your school doesn't take resits, it might be possible to go elsewhere to retake them. Again maybe chat to your friends/family and parents for some advice on what to do. TSR is also still here if you need any further guidance.
Best wishes,
Cheese
I can see this is tough!
I am not convinced switching to Computer science just because of your grades is a good idea. You really do need to be studying something you absolutely want to make your future.
Are you sure there is nothing in Clearing for Mechanical Engineering?

That said, Aber Uni always seems to get get good student feedback and would be a good place to study

Quick Reply

Latest