The Student Room Group

Questions.

Okay so, just got my results envelope today. Cue panic attack. After 10 minutes of hyperventilation, I finally bit the bullet and opened it. They were exactly as I expected. I got a B in English and a C in Media. So, whilst I wasn't exactly filled with jubilant happiness, I wasn't sobbing in the corner either.

Now, I've given a bit of info, so hopefully you lovely people can help answer my questions:

1) How exactly do AS Level results and A2 results add up?

2) I have B's in all of my English modules, apart from one, in which I received a D. So, if I retook and upped it to a B/A, what would my overall A Level grade then be? I find it uber confusing.

3) I got ABC in my Media A2 modules, so if I upped the C to a B, would that then give me a B overall?

4) Is it possible to re-take English and Media modules in January, rather than having to wait until June?

I feel I'm at a disadvantage as far as uni applications are concerned as, not only have I only take 2 A Levels, I've also taken a 'soft' subject - Media. I find school incredibly boring, so maybe uni isn't the best thing for me, but I'd at least like to have the option, so I figure it's worth re-taking so I have something behind me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 1
1) your total ums over the two years are out of 600. it's 480/600 for an A - i'll let someone else answer this one as i'm a bit lazy:P
2) your overall could be an A however you have to resit the exam too i think?
3) yeah i think so
4) yeah it is. ensure your exams officer enters you for them in jan
smwilf
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

It's all about UMS.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A_Levels

Read that to find out about it.

60% of the total UMS is a C, 70% is a B, 80% is an A.

You need to calculate how many UMS you have have how many you need to reach the next grade.

You either have to gain those grades via resits or by outperforming in A2 modules (which are more difficult).
Reply 3
Thank you guys! I'll check out that web page, TheTallOne. :smile:

Latest