i am cool
hahahahaha oxbridge reject!

+ you're going to a sausage fest! LOL

haha
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Freshers going to other unis will inevitably be hearing the same questions over and over again - "What's your name? What course are you on? Where are you from?"

But freshers at Imperial will probably become more familiar with "What's your name? What course are you on? Which oxbridge college rejected you?"
Reply 22
BrightGirl
That sounds pretty awful! Why didn't your interviews go very well?

A lot of the questions I was asked were either on topics not in my syllabus or on topics I went on to study later in the year. That and the fact I made some really silly mistakes out of nervousness on the things I did know, and was feeling absolutely crap throughout (lady fever :frown: ).
Reply 23
whiplash
So you would much rather the concrete jungle that is Imperial, aesthetically? lol

Oh yes. Imperial's much better and, more importantly, in a much safer looking area.

Ugly is better than freaky.
lykastar
A lot of the questions I was asked were either on topics not in my syllabus or on topics I went on to study later in the year. That and the fact I made some really silly mistakes out of nervousness on the things I did know, and was feeling absolutely crap throughout (lady fever :frown: ).

Oh...that doesn't sound fun lol! :o:
Reply 25
BrightGirl
Oh...that doesn't sound fun lol! :o:

No. Being on and trying to get off a sofa after you've sank about a foot into it is not a fun combination at all.

Nature's sexist. :mad:
i am cool
hahahahaha oxbridge reject!

seriously, is imperial mainly made of male students
Reply 27
lykastar
Oh yes. Imperial's much better and, more importantly, in a much safer looking area.

Should've come to cambridge, we're nice. :wink:
Reply 28
whiplash
Should've come to cambridge, we're nice. :wink:

I would've applied there but they don't do a straight Physics course. The idea of choosing modules from the Physical option of Natural Sciences kinda put me off.

Suppose I should still have given it a go... :s-smilie:
What a snobby twt.

Enjoy this:

and this

So you would much rather the concrete jungle that is Imperial, aesthetically? lol

And perhaps grow up too.
Mistersjmcg
Yes, Imperial is for Oxbridge rejects.

- Theirs your answer

For a guy who claims to have 4 'A's you sure are thick, a primary school kid wouldn't make that mistake
Reply 31
I'm pretty sure most people who attend Imperial are Oxbridge rejects... theres a small number that didn't apply to oxbridge (because they were too scared of getting rejected presumably).
my bf got rejected from cambridge and my best friend got rejected from oxford and they are both Imperial medics.
tbh Imperial is a bloody good uni and most people would kill to get a place. they have some of the best lecturers in the world and london life is second to none.

also, it is very true- ICL really is a sausage fest- i've seen it :afraid:
Fixesin
I'm pretty sure most people who attend Imperial are Oxbridge rejects... theres a small number that didn't apply to oxbridge (because they were too scared of getting rejected presumably).

Then I lol them, theres a lot of great things about attending Oxbridge but Imperial that soulless, science clustered, male dominated, snobby institution situated in DEPRESSING buildings in a non studenty location. Good choice mate, theres no where else really to choose. Only a certain type of person could put up with that for name alone. There is nothing wrong for studying there for the quality of course or employment opportunities if thats your overriding aim but there is so much more to student life and you wont get those years back.
Reply 34
londonstar
Then I lol them, theres a lot of great things about attending Oxbridge but Imperial that soulless, science clustered, male dominated, snobby institution situated in DEPRESSING buildings in a non studenty location. Good choice mate, theres no where else really to choose. Only a certain type of person could put up with that for name alone. There is nothing wrong for studying there for the quality of course or employment opportunities if thats your overriding aim but there is so much more to student life and you wont get those years back.

In what way is the centre of London non studenty?
Reply 35
Given that the enty requirements for Imperial Mathematics are more stringent than those of Oxford I don't see why it is fair to class people who go to Imperial as any less intelligent than those who go to Oxford/Cambridge. Although, that is not answering the question of whether one is an oxbridge reject or not (which I am - Worcester College, Oxford). Oxford was always going to be my first choice; even though I knew people who went there didnt particularly enjoy it. Imperial should be much more fun, especially given that its in the centre of London.

**** you Oxford.

No, I'm not angry in the slightest.... :s-smilie:

But I still can't wait to get to Imperial! And any bad news about Oxford in the press makes me laugh hysterically...like their new foreign campus which is at the centre of a human rights scandal. Brilliant.
joannac

Its not within walking distance of anything apart from cafes possibly and the science museum. Anything remotely night-lifey around there is members only and def. over 21. The student union is cringe worthy. The area is also expensive and highly priced if you haven't noticed. Even when I go for dinner around there I spend a few bob.

I wouldn't be this harsh if the OP didn't say 'he wouldn't even have considered Imperial' btw.
lykastar

Imperial's in London, miss.

There is no part of London that is safe, no matter how safe it looks. Trust me. :smile:
joannac

londonstar
Its not within walking distance of anything apart from cafes possibly and the science museum. Anything remotely night-lifey around there is members only and def. over 21. The student union is cringe worthy. The area is also expensive and highly priced if you haven't noticed. Even when I go for dinner around there I spend a few bob.

I wouldn't be this harsh if the OP didn't say 'he wouldn't even have considered Imperial' btw.

It's blindingly obviously fair to say that South Kensington is not exactly student-friendly, but since when was "Central London" contiguous with "South Kensington"?
Though I guess you could argue that London as a whole is not exactly student-friendly :p: alas, that wasn't your original point, and a few 100,000 students (somehow) make do anyway.

As for me, I couldn't apply to Cambridge (two sciences), and I didn't want to apply to Oxford
Reply 39
90% of imperial are oxbridge rejects

Latest

Trending

Trending