The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Chances of getting into imperial maths?

I got rejected from Oxford preinterview so I'm guessing my MAT wasn't good :frown: I heard Imperial is harder to get into for Maths. I have A*A*A* in Maths FM and Physics and an A in an as but I think everyone else applying has similar grades... what are my chances so I can be prepared???
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by confused127
I got rejected from Oxford preinterview so I'm guessing my MAT wasn't good :frown: I heard Imperial is harder to get into for Maths. I have A*A*A* in Maths FM and Physics and an A in an as but I think everyone else applying has similar grades... what are my chances so I can be prepared???

To be completely honest, low unless you applied to a top oxford college, especially if your high school offer 4 A level pathways but you decided to take 3. Its a little easier to get into imperial regardless of the course if I were being rational and any1 who says otherwise is either ignorant or bias. The difficulty of getting into either uni is similiar but oxbridge is a little harder. Look at the average mat scores for imperial offer holders vs oxford offer holders, you can quite easily judge which is harder to get into. if you are a international student though, imperial heavily favours them so all hope wouldn't be lost if that were the case
(edited 1 year ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by confused127

Hard to say - but there may be a chance they'll give you a STEP offer so just revise in the meantime and if you don't end up getting in and not having to do the step - hey ho it's good a-level revision. Don't check the spreadsheets, it does absolutely no good.

I remember hearing this doesn't help much at the time, but coming from someone who got rejected last year because I did awful in the MAT, it's not the end of the world and in a year's time you won't care. With 3A*s you'll easily get into any other top ten uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending