The Student Room Group

The Dressing Room

:party:

Hi everyone :wavey:

After much hardwork and discussion, we've finally been granting planning permission from the TSR Council to have this shiny, new expansion in football which is for kicking back, relaxing and getting to know each other :w00t: Special thanks to Dalimyr, RK and CJ :adore: :love:

It will be lowly moderated and used to talk about anything you like- football or otherwise. Please, however, do not start crazily insulting each other, posting obscene amounts of rubbish and single-smiley posts :no:

If you're new, please feel free to come in here and introduce yourselves, let us know who you support, who's your favourite player etc. It would be nice if people could fill out a mini profile such as the one below (feel free to customise it as you please) which will be added to the second post for the reference of newer and older members:

Username: Ascient
Name: Zak
Who do you support: Arsenal
Who is your favourite player: Cesc Fabregas (I knew you'd never guess :ahee:)
What position do you play: I prefer playing as a winger, though I don't have any positional sense tend to roam about everywhere to create a more fluid formation for the team :biggrin:

Now that we have this thread, I expect better behaviour in other threads and rules such as Spamming will become more rigorously enforceable there :teeth:

But yeah, enjoy the new thread!

:cheers:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Reserved*
Reply 2
Username: farhan
Name: Farhan
Who do you support: Liverpool
Who is your favourite player(s): Robbie Fowler & Steven Gerrard
What position do you play: Striker - where Robbie Fowler plays. :biggrin: Otherwise play in goal or left-midfield/defence.

---

I was meaning to mention this every day for the past week as I remember you mentioned it at the last last meet, but kept forgetting :lovedup:

Although I was going to suggest "The Boot Room" as it's more football-y while dressing room can be associated with anything..

Great idea. :yy:
Reply 3
If people want to change the name, then voice some suggestions and we'll see if we can reach a consensus!

I liked The Dressing Room (but then we're all more fond of our own ideas :colondollar:) but am happy to change it :yep: I suppose TDR reminds me of Shawcross a bit :biggrin:
Nice idea :danceboy:
Username = WHW

Name = Phil

Support = There's only one United

Favourite player = Vidic/Fletcher

Position = right-wing, centre-mid, Scholes-type player although I can tackle better than Scholesy. Ambidextrous, so can play left and right-footed, although more natural with my right, certainly when it comes to dribbling with the ball. My passing and shooting is equally good, on both feet. Did go for trials for my county when I was 12-13, just didn't make the cut, probably because of being diminutive and vocally quiet :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Hello :colondollar:

Username: Gaara
Name: Adrian
Who do you support: Liverpool
Who is your favourite player: Fernando Torres, but closely behind is Riquelme :love:
What position do you play: Left/Right midfield :h:
You see, Warren and Chris run this site so much ******* better than other people. Top ******* stuff. I not only approve of the idea, but approve of the fact that two years ago this idea would have been aborted by less creative and intelligent individuals. Today, it gets a hearing. Sports has always been at the cutting edge and is starting to get the respect it deserves. Zak, I salute you. It's a rather logical extension of the meets work, and I'm just chuffed it's actually being allowed to breathe . . . not being choked because it doesn't meet some political criteria. Sports WINS. Mafia - FAIL. :huff:

Username: Hubert Poo
Name: Rich
Who do you support: Arsenal, when ill. Arsenal, when well. Never know which tbfh.
Who is your favourite player: Tomas Rosicky. At Arsenal, that is.
What position do you play: Right back. ******* GEL tbah.
Reply 8
Good idea for the thread :smile:

Username: FCUtdWill
Name: Will
Who do you support: Football Club United of Manchester/Stoke Bishop Football Club)
Who is your favourite player: David Chadwick - even if he does support Man City
Reply 9
Username: n1r4v
Name: Nirav
Who do you support: Bolton :colonhash:
Who is your favourite player: Currently? Leo Messi
What position do you play: Attacking midfielder
It's probably just that I've had "The Boot Room" in mind for so long that's all :colondollar: Dressing room reminds me of pretty little ladies wearing almost nothing but panties, putting fake lashes and make-up on, getting ready to perform in theatre :getmecoat:

So are post counts disabled in this thread?
Reply 11
Username: kflynn
Name: Kristian
Who is your Favourite player(s): Arshavin 1st, then Messi, then Given 3rd.
what position do you play: Goal or CB

here is a question i have brought over:

kflynn
our convo yesterday concluded, that in order of looks it goes

Kaka > Fabregas > Rooney

all who did not attend, really missed out.

also Torres:

kflynn
he did'nt even get a mention tbf, although he should have. I would put him inbetween Rooney and Fabregas imo, you? :biggrin:
Username: Economist
Name: Economist
Who is your favourite player: Tony Adams, Fabregas
What position do you play: I've played everywhere. Preferred position is a Bergkamp type role in the hole because i'm a bit too lazy to run the show from CM or the wing. Can do a good job anywhere apart from GK
Reply 13
farhan
It's probably just that I've had "The Boot Room" in mind for so long that's all :colondollar: Dressing room reminds me of pretty little ladies wearing almost nothing but panties, putting fake lashes and make-up on, getting ready to perform in theatre :getmecoat:

So are post counts disabled in this thread?

Not currently, but I'll probably end up moving the thread to Chat when it reaches 10k posts. That option was preferable because it allows us to be more free with what we do in here.

So, ultimately, posts made in here will not count towards your postcount.
As already mentioned this is a great idea, plus less spamming in other threads with chat which means it's win-win.

Here's my player profile :cool:

TSR Username: Colbert
Who do you support: Aston Villa
Who is your favourite player: Martin Laursen
What position do you play: No.10 pulling all kinds of strings
Loves: dumbdumb
Username: Advanced Subsidiary
Name: David/Stace
Who is your Favourite player: Lionel Messi/ Fabregas
what position do you play: LW/ST
Username: Mastermind`
Name: Salim/Slim
Who do you support: Manchester United
Who is your favourite player(s): Paul Scholes, Javier Zanetti, Diego Maradona, Niko Kovac, Michael Laudrup :colondollar:
What position do you play: I prefer playing at right-back. I've played in every single position apart from GK though. A utility player. :yep:
Reply 17
Colbert
As already mentioned this is a great idea, plus less spamming in other threads with chat which means it's win-win.

I know I've already mentioned it, but I'm quoting your post so people can see this again :colondollar:

This was a key reason behind us getting this thread, so please keep it in mind. We can post chat stuff happily here, but in other threads it's a no-no now please.
Reply 18
Username: Yawn-er
Name: Ahmed
Who do you support: Chelsea
Who is your favourite player: Drogba, although I'll probably grow very fond of Zhirkov.
What position do you play: Defensive midfielder. Although I prefer running down the left wing.
Reply 19
Aite bois.

Username: Nigel_s
Name: Dave :colondollar:
Who do you support: Chelsea
Who is your Favourite player: Frank Lampard
What position do you play: DM in the mould of MIKE ESSIEN except I'm lanky and white, whereas he is not :sigh:

Nice idea. I like long walks in the autumn, sitting on the beach and watching the sun set. My favourite colour is "Sea Blue" and I like a man who is dominant in the bedroom.

Latest