The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I nearly bought the Tevez "Welcome to Manchester" thing as a poster for my room today, but then realised that I don't really support City enough.
Reply 581
Would have been a good way to piss off man utd friends of yours when they lose a game, and you invite them over :h: :colone:
I don't really have any up here! Most of my friends at uni are either completely apathetic towards football, support City, or support lower league teams.
Reply 583
My friends at Uni mostly support Leeds, but I have one Chelsea supporting flatmate (pretty far from a friend, though, tbf) who himself is from Manc. :colonhash:
Reply 584
I mainly have man utd "friends" down here :colonhash:
The look they gave me when I was the only one in the pub cheering Messi and Eto's goals were priceless :rofl2:
In fact, I have very few Man Utd friends at home either. Maybe about four. Most people I know support Arsenal or are apathetic.
Reply 586
:frown: people who haven't experienced being at a football game just haven't lived.
My first game was stevenage borough and it was just amazing, the fans were brilliant, and the game was brilliant :coma:
Reply 587
mhsc
My friends at Uni mostly support Leeds, but I have one Chelsea supporting flatmate (pretty far from a friend, though, tbf) who himself is from Manc. :colonhash:

Feel sorry for you mate.
I agree. I've experienced a Man United game and came out thoroughly unimpressed.

ANYWAY.

NVgrime and I are talking about who'd win if the ten northernmost Premiership teams played the ten southernmost (I don't know the exact details of how the match-ups would work).

So:

North:

Man United
Man City
Bolton
Wigan
Liverpool
Everton
Sunderland
Burnley
Blackburn
Hull

vs

South:

Portsmouth
Chelsea
Arsenal
Fulham
West Ham
Spurs
Aston Villa
Birmingham
Stoke
Wolves

I reckon it'd be pretty close tbh, with the south maybe just about taking it, but anyway, I'll let you all fight about it.
Reply 589
When I'm bored ill post up a table with wins and losses and show you how I think it will go down :smile:
Reply 590
South tbf better partnerships could be created in defence :holmes:
Gaara.
When I'm bored ill post up a table with wins and losses and show you how I think it will go down :smile:

You're not bored?
Pretty much even.

North and South both have 2 of the big four each.
North and South both have 2 of the next best teams each (Everton/City for North; Spurs/Villa for South)
North and South both have 2 decent midtable teams (Sunderland/Blackburn for North; WHU/Fulham for South)
Both have 4 relegation strugglers each (the rest).
Reply 593
Jangrafess
You're not bored?

not atm, watching true blood :p:
Gaara.
not atm, watching true blood :p:

Bricks are being ****.

I'm bored out of my mind, I'm almost tempted to go and watch Ireland vs. South Africa or start cooking even though THE ROTA FORBIDS IT.
Reply 595
looks pretty even to me, would be proper close. If they combined their teams, North Vs South, strongest sides anyone? I would probably go for:

North:
Given

Evra Ferdinand Vidic Johnson

Gerrard Barry
SWP..............................................Robinho

Rooney Torres

South:
Cech

Sagna Gallas Terry Cole

Lampard Fabregas
Young.....................................Arshavin

RVP Drogba
I ******* hate all star teams.
Jangrafess
I ******* hate all star teams.

And you love Pro Evo? :eek:

FIFA 09 matches with Darlington are the best.
Stu Laverty
And you love Pro Evo? :eek:

FIFA 09 matches with Darlington are the best.

I hate the all star teams on Pro Evo. :colonhash:
Jangrafess
I hate the all star teams on Pro Evo. :colonhash:

Don't believe you :colonhash:

(actually you get all star teams on FIFA too, but you get League Two teams as well)

Latest