The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Louis1991
My Stoke team are so utterly mediocre it's embarassing. Whenever i bobble a win i feel like i need to apologise, i'm in an undeserved 8th place and am practically safe already. Also in danger of bobbling my way to Wembley, i've beat Scunthorpe, Gillingham and face Bristol Rovers in the 6th round of the FA cup. Ricardo Fuller has something like 15 goals in 20 games :sigh:

Might be bringing in GEL Jaime O'Hara, complete scrote so he should fit in well. That was the excitement of the January window :sigh:

I might have to resign before I end up in Europe tbh, out of sheer embarrasment
I feel like I have infected not only the vocabulary, but the very syntax of so many people on this forum.

I love seeing all my recycled bobble nonsense come flooding out like some sort of sexual discharge :sexface:

I think Stoke are supposed to be mediocre and embarrassing. Good job! Bring those GELs in and WUM that **** up.
Louis1991
My Stoke team are so utterly mediocre it's embarassing. Whenever i bobble a win i feel like i need to apologise, i'm in an undeserved 8th place and am practically safe already. Also in danger of bobbling my way to Wembley, i've beat Scunthorpe, Gillingham and face Bristol Rovers in the 6th round of the FA cup. Ricardo Fuller has something like 15 goals in 20 games :sigh:

Might be bringing in GEL Jaime O'Hara, complete scrote so he should fit in well. That was the excitement of the January window :sigh:

I might have to resign before I end up in Europe tbh, out of sheer embarrasment

*Jamie, O' Hara. Sorry for the pedantics but it WMU when people spell that name like the French for love. :h:
jaydoh
*Jamie, O' Hara. Sorry for the pedantics but it WMU when people spell that name like the French for love. :h:

J'aime means like in french, not love. Sorry for the pedantics but it WMU when people correct others and then get their own post wrong. :h:

:teeth:
Phalanges
J'aime means like in french, not love. Sorry for the pedantics but it WMU when people correct others and then get their own post wrong. :h:

:teeth:
is je'taime love, then?

I am a German speaker, but would enjoy the knowledge tbf :sexface:
RobbieC
is je'taime love, then?

I am a German speaker, but would enjoy the knowledge tbf :sexface:

J'adore is I love. Je'taime I believe means I like you (I think it can mean I love you, but in terms of friends and family, not lovers).
The football forum gets a bit of culture :perv:

C'est magnifique
Stu Laverty
The football forum gets a bit of culture :perv:

C'est magnifique

This post should really be reported for containing foreign words without a translation. :pierre:
:pierre: I stand corrected Phalanges, but the point still stands.
Reply 5988
Oui, vouz parlez du français? C'est magnifique, je l'adore. Mais j'ai une question. Pourquoi est-ce-que nous parlons en anglais quand on peut parler français?
Phalanges
This post should really be reported for containing foreign words without a translation. :pierre:

That post requires no translation :colonhash:

V1NY's post on the other hand ...

(honestly, I can understand about six words in his post :p: )
V1NY
Oui, vouz parlez du français? C'est magnifique, je l'adore. Mais j'ai une question. Pourquoi est-ce-que nous parlons en anglais quand on peut parler français?

Yes, you speak french? It's magnificent, I love it. But I have one question. Why do we speak in english when we could speak in french?

My french is incredibly rusty. :p: But from memory your wording seems incredibly formal, so I'm guessing you just copied and pasted that off a translator. :p:
Très bien :biggrin:
Reply 5992
No, AS level french biatch :sexface:

It's yes, all of you speak French? It's magnificnant, I love it. I have 1 question, why do we speak in english when we can speak in french?
Reply 5993
Zut Alors, je deteste mes devoirs. Il faut que je fasse une composition au sujet de l'économie!
I miss doing languages, they used to be fun at GCSE.

Now all I get is latin. Lots and lots of ******* latin.
Reply 5995
A* for Latin GCSE :teeth: Oh Virgil how I loathe thee :coma:
V1NY
A* for Latin GCSE :teeth: Oh Virgil how I loathe thee :coma:

For the first two weeks of the year I used to have to stare blankly at certain phrases, and then go home and look up on wikipedia what the hell in vitro, in vivo, de novo etc. all meant.

Talk about shame.
For my course at Uni, it would probably be best if I learned another language :emo:

I might try and learn German. It's just like Scottish-English, only angrier.
German is far more cultured than anything the Scottish could proffer. It's a stunning, erotic language, and ergo excellent for use in bed, I might add.

Scottish accents are, in contrast, predominantly used by Category A prisoners when "making love" to their punks.
Reply 5999
I love how one spelling error typo turns this thread into a language fest :cool:

Didn't get Jamie O'Hara in the end, he decided the culture of Ukraine was more appealing than Stoke. Shaktar ffs

Picked up a 1-0 win at home to West Ham to take me into the semi-finals, i've beaten Yeovil, Gillingham and Bristol Rovers before that. Shameful really. :ashamed: Play City in the semis though so that should be the end of it

Currently 8th in the league, with 7 points either side of me. Beat Utd at OT. Goal difference of -5. I think bobble nonsense describes it perfectly tbh

Latest