Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Jangrafess
Indulging myself.

That's kinda worrying to say I'm seeing you on Saturday. Better be careful. :p:
FCUtdWill
That's kinda worrying to say I'm seeing you on Saturday. Better be careful. :p:

Don't worry. You're nineteen.
WUMing over WUMing. :drool: I don't think it gets out of hand that often. It's only moronic when Manchester United lose. :ninja:
Reply 783
Jangrafess
Don't worry. You're nineteen.

Indeed. :smile:

Is there a reason for spelling out the number?
FCUtdWill
Indeed. :smile:

Is there a reason for spelling out the number?

I am slightly aspergic.
Reply 785
Jangrafess
I am slightly aspergic.

Ah, had nothing against it at all. Just looked nice rather than the number.
FCUtdWill
Ah, had nothing against it at all. Just looked nice rather than the number.

Well, that's what I think too, yeah. I rarely use numbers, unless they're aesthetically pleasing numbers. Like 73.
Ascient
The problem of WUMing is a very difficult one from a moderation POV. For long time now it's been a part of the identity of football and, whilst that has in some ways improved the football forum, it has also made it worse in the sense that it can be a more hostile place, seem cliquey, and newer members can sometimes be scared off by instinctively snappy responses to their early posts. This thread is one of the way I've tried to alleviate that and I'm working on some posting guidelines to try and set out what is and isn't acceptable. As I'm sure you can imagine, that's proving to be very difficult to do because of the huge subjectivity involved, because it has an effect on the very identity of the forum and because of disagreements on what does and doesn't constitute WUMing- even the illegitimacy of WUMing itself can come under scutiny, especially when placed alongside Trolling.

I do think things have gotten better, however, and of course we're always working to try and improve the forums and are very grateful for any feedback or suggests, so please do PM me or create a thread in AAMM :smile:

It has gotten better than it was, don't get me wrong. And I appreciate that it is hard to moderate (but I think you've been superb so far in your new job :yy: ).

The only problem is that there is some members whose sole intention is to WUM and not to try and stimulate discussion. Not suggesting that they do it all the time, but you know when you see that they're only going to annoy people.

I don't really have any ideas for it though. Like you said, it's a part of football.
Reply 788
Jangrafess
Well, that's what I think too, yeah. I rarely use numbers, unless they're aesthetically pleasing numbers. Like 73.

It's because I'm used to people saying I'm 19 not nineteen. Makes a nice change.

So what's aesthetically pleasing about 73?
Reply 789
Mastermind`
WUMing over WUMing. :drool: I don't think it gets out of hand that often. It's only moronic when Manchester United lose. :ninja:

Not enough people actually do it well though.
FCUtdWill
It's because I'm used to people saying I'm 19 not nineteen. Makes a nice change.

So what's aesthetically pleasing about 73?

I am so glad.

I dunno, it's not logical. Now stop asking me these questions, I'm coming across as a complete autist.
Reply 791
Jangrafess
I am so glad.

I dunno, it's not logical. Now stop asking me these questions, I'm coming across as a complete autist.

I apologise. :smile: One more question though, isn't that what Cal says?
FCUtdWill
I apologise. :smile: One more question though, isn't that what Cal says?

No. It is what I say. Cal stole it from me. :angry:
izaldo
Not enough people actually do it well though.

That's true. There's only a handful (if even that) who do it that well, I'd say. :yep:
Reply 794
Ascient
Delta :love: I don't know why you're wasting your time with Gaara et al when I am here tbh :colondollar:

:naughty::naughty:
Don't try it, mate

:giggle:
Reply 795
Haha. Territorial stuff here.

*pisses on lamp-post*
Reply 796
Gaara.
:naughty::naughty:
Don't try it, mate

:giggle:

Da_Bitch is forgetting about K-fed :gangster: