The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jangrafess
definitely not jealous of the knutes in my form group in high school. All the QPR fans are now either not working or working for London Underground.

well we're not all bad. and we don't need to work with our billions :wink:
Reply 1181
Ascient
Yeah, the game I once loved and cherished has been withered away so that it is now but a shade of its former self. I fear I can never reconcile myself with it again.

I was back in London for about 4 days househunting and stuff- STRESS :mad: -but am back now for the weekend and will probably return on the Monday/Tuesday. Term starts the following week :yeah:

Do anything constructive during your ban? :smile:

:console: Wow, you sound very passionate indeed about it.. :h:

Let's all go and hunt down Adebayor :fuhrer:

Looking forward to being back at University, I take it? I presume househunting would definitely be stressful! Considering it's London also?

And nope, nothing constructive tbh. Made food at home :nothing: Not the most exciting of things. Settled back into college pretty much aaaand *sigh* got started on my university application properly. So bad.
Adebayor: my take.

CALM THE **** DOWN. he was celebrating, and no riot ensued. It's all part of the passion and fun of football. I love it when one of Brentford's ex-players celebrates in front of us after (regrettably) scoring, because it means we get to shout all kinds of abuse at him. It's great.
Jangrafess
Adebayor: my take.

CALM THE **** DOWN. he was celebrating, and no riot ensued. It's all part of the passion and fun of football. I love it when one of Brentford's ex-players celebrates in front of us after (regrettably) scoring, because it means we get to shout all kinds of abuse at him. It's great.

i think we agree on something!
Reply 1184
Sophie_10
oh. adeboyer! what do you think of all that. i think what he did was a bit naughty, but you shouldn't have reacted how you did.

All in all, I felt his conduct was disgraceful. A very poor challenge on Fabregas before an assault on RVP and then a disrespectful gesture towards the fans of the club that made him.

That said, the Arsenal fans that reacted aggressively should be ashamed of themselves. No place for that sort of behaviour whatsoever.

TBH, I'm just very frustrated with football and nonchalant towards it all. I'm concentrating on playing more and watching less, and don't intend to watch any football, certainly not Premier League, for 4 weeks.
Sophie_10
well we're not all bad. and we don't need to work with our billions :wink:

You only say this because you're the only club to have been taken over by billionaires and get worse, tbf.
Sophie_10
i think we agree on something!

lawdie lawdie

I do think his stamp on RVP was disgusting though, he deserves the ban. A longer ban, even. But I don't think he deserves anything for the celebration.
Reply 1187
mel0n
:console: Wow, you sound very passionate indeed about it.. :h:

Let's all go and hunt down Adebayor :fuhrer:

Looking forward to being back at University, I take it? I presume househunting would definitely be stressful! Considering it's London also?

And nope, nothing constructive tbh. Made food at home :nothing: Not the most exciting of things. Settled back into college pretty much aaaand *sigh* got started on my university application properly. So bad.

I used to be. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I'm just not what the typical matchgoer would class as a 'real' fan. I approach the game from a philosophical viewpoint far more than they do and, for me, and to their derision, winning is not the be all and end all, football is not a means to an end, the means is more important than end etc. like I said, I have a much more philosophical take on football.

Yeah, can't wait for university to resume properly and get back into the swing of things. I just wish we didn't have accommodation problems to still be worrying about. Hassle indeed, my friend.

Make any samosas? Lapididipidooooo was once going to make me some but I think she might not now because I didn't tell her who Shawcross is :frown:
For me winning is exceedingly important and probably the be all and end all when it concerns Brentford, but when it concerns any other team except QPR (in which case losing is the be all and end all) I take an extremely philosophical, fan-enjoyment based approach, and I don't give two craps about international football really.
Reply 1189
Ascient
I used to be. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I'm just not what the typical matchgoer would class as a 'real' fan. I approach the game from a philosophical viewpoint far more than they do and, for me, and to their derision, winning is not the be all and end all, football is not a means to an end, the means is more important than end etc. like I said, I have a much more philosophical take on football.

Yeah, can't wait for university to resume properly and get back into the swing of things. I just wish we didn't have accommodation problems to still be worrying about. Hassle indeed, my friend.

Make any samosas? Lapididipidooooo was once going to make me some but I think she might not now because I didn't tell her who Shawcross is :frown:

I see what you mean about your philosophical take on football :ninja: Are you basically saying that it's the taking part that takes count and all the factors included in that, more than the winning?

Thinking about University is worrying. Are you having a sort of flat-share thingy majig? Or is that a bit too nosey of me to ask :teeth:

And samosas, I didn't actually make but I did fry some :hubba: I just made the curries I think :frown: You should go chase after Ladi, demand the Samosas and tell her who Shawcross is in return :teeth:
You lot need to read Calcio, by Someone Foot.
Reply 1191
Jangrafess
For me winning is exceedingly important and probably the be all and end all when it concerns Brentford, but when it concerns any other team except QPR (in which case losing is the be all and end all) I take an extremely philosophical, fan-enjoyment based approach, and I don't give two craps about international football really.

Fair play, mate. It's never the way other fans choose to support their teams that has bothered me (except in extreme circumstances where I have lamented certain things) but rather the opposite; people have a problem with the way I do things :colondollar:
Ascient
Fair play, mate. It's never the way other fans choose to support their teams that has bothered me (except in extreme circumstances where I have lamented certain things) but rather the opposite; people have a problem with the way I do things :colondollar:

for me, it's generally the way my own fans support the club that winds me up. Away against Huddersfield and no one around me was singing for ages. Twits. I ended up starting the chants ffs.
Reply 1193
mel0n
I see what you mean about your philosophical take on football :ninja: Are you basically saying that it's the taking part that takes count and all the factors included in that, more than the winning?

Thinking about University is worrying. Are you having a sort of flat-share thingy majig? Or is that a bit too nosey of me to ask :teeth:

And samosas, I didn't actually make but I did fry some :hubba: I just made the curries I think :frown: You should go chase after Ladi, demand the Samosas and tell her who Shawcross is in return :teeth:

It's not quite as childlike as 'the taking part that counts' :o: :p: If anything, it's a more adult obsession with the other factors, like you said :yep:

Yeah, moving in with friends, but we're yet to find 'home'- probably because it doesn't exist :fuhrer: You can ask almost anything, btw :love:

I can't give away Shawcross' identity. Perhaps you could speak to Ladi and get her to make me some? :teeth: Appeal to her bi side :teeth: x2 I don't feel like a curry, but I'll take whatever you've fried :cool:

Jangrafess
for me, it's generally the way my own fans support the club that winds me up. Away against Huddersfield and no one around me was singing for ages. Twits. I ended up starting the chants ffs.

Aye, seems the loss of atmosphere in filtering down to the inferior lower crapper more passionate leagues too :biggrin:
yeah. :frown: basically that. I don't get why you'd travel all that way and then not sing for 130 minutes. :frown:
Reply 1195
Jangrafess
yeah. :frown: basically that. I don't get why you'd travel all that way and then not sing for 130 minutes. :frown:

There's just no enjoyment in singing for some people, I guess :dontknow:

Anyway, I'm knackered and off to bed to try and revitalise for the weekend. Speak to you all soon hopefully. Night you awesome people :love:
Ascient
There's just no enjoyment in singing for some people, I guess :dontknow:

Anyway, I'm knackered and off to bed to try and revitalise for the weekend. Speak to you all soon hopefully. Night you awesome people :love:

I need a wee. :frown:

night Zak. Reply to Glen's text, I want to see you next friday
Reply 1197
Ascient
It's not quite as childlike as 'the taking part that counts' :o: :p: If anything, it's a more adult obsession with the other factors, like you said :yep:

Yeah, moving in with friends, but we're yet to find 'home'- probably because it doesn't exist :fuhrer: You can ask almost anything, btw :love:

I can't give away Shawcross' identity. Perhaps you could speak to Ladi and get her to make me some? :teeth: Appeal to her bi side :teeth: x2 I don't feel like a curry, but I'll take whatever you've fried :cool:

Almost anything?? :hubba: haha. I don't think you really mean that.

And yeah, we could both pester her and ask her for some samosas :excited: Though I think she'll be more inclined to giving me some than you, which I'm perfectly fine with :teeth:

There is actually a lot of fried stuff made today. Not good :no:

EDIT: Night :h:!!
waht is your gender melon
Reply 1199
I am genderless :ninja:

Spoiler

Latest