The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges
I think Jaaskelainen is, personally. He's never had a very good defence in front of him but he's always impressed me.

In other news, weirdly we weren't all that far away with our prediction today. :teeth:

Jaaskelainen is another I love watching - a couple of years ago (I think actually under Big Sam) he was the best keeper in the league. Brad Friedel used to be one of the best, not so sure now because I barely saw him last year.

I know, we might have been right if the ref had forgotten to blow the final whistle for seven minutes instead of six :emo: We were denied our Tevez stamp / Rooney-injury / Bellamy-dive / penalty / Tevez-goal / Tevez celebrate by jumping in with the United fans finish :emo:
Stu Laverty
Jaaskelainen is another I love watching - a couple of years ago (I think actually under Big Sam) he was the best keeper in the league. Brad Friedel used to be one of the best, not so sure now because I barely saw him last year.

I know, we might have been right if the ref had forgotten to blow the final whistle for seven minutes instead of six :emo: We were denied our Tevez stamp / Rooney-injury / Bellamy-dive / penalty / Tevez-goal / Tevez celebrate by jumping in with the United fans finish :emo:

Jussi rules. And with Gary Cahill in front of him... :coma:

Yep, was a bit depressing really. I did think Hughes was going to have an aneurysm for a minute though and we'd end up getting investigated by the police.
Was it? Who were they?
Phalanges
Jussi rules. And with Gary Cahill in front of him... :coma:

Yep, was a bit depressing really. I did think Hughes was going to have an aneurysm for a minute though and we'd end up getting investigated by the police.

Gary Cahill :coma: The only guy cooler to play in a Jusi defence was Ivan Campo and his mop.

Poor Hughes and his mini-fit. He's definitely not a top four manager, he needs to learn how to be properly pissed off before he can do that:

Stu Laverty

Brad Friedel in his day... so good!
Jangrafess
Was it? Who were they?

One Sub, Carrick on for Anderson, should add 30 seconds.

One goal, Bellamy, 89th Minute, not sure how far in it was, but the restart took somewhere around a minute, so two more minutes on top of the four, doesn't seem SO unreasonable.
Reply 1386
:frown::frown::mad: is how I feel, whether or not it is rational.
Reply 1387
Stu Laverty

Agreed, those were the Bolton days :frown:. Although I've always considered Friedel a shade above Jaaskelainen.
Bleh. **** them.
Ascient

Yes, apparently they've even heard about you in About!

Really? What makes you say that? :teeth:

So the Basij act under the orders of the Vevak, or do they have an intelligence 'service' of their own?

The Basij answer to the Revolutionary Guard and directly to the Khamenei, the unelected "Supreme Leader". Though obviously the Minstry of Intelligence (i.e. VEVAK) and Revolutionary Guard will have a lot of common ground and overlap, a lot of their orders will indirectly be carried out due to information received from VEVAK.

Also, Old Savaki referring to someone rather than something makes perfect sense, given the context; they are asking where her father is, then

Yay, we solved it! :five:
The novel makes a lot of brash statements, such as women having less legislative rights than slaves under the rule of the Mullahs, which I'm not quite sure would hold up under intense scrutiny, but it's certainly an indicator of the regression that came with their rule. There is hope for Iran yet, though, much hope. At least I think so.

Well they're worth half the value of a man in the courts...seems pretty close to slave status to me.
Reply 1390
Ascient
I think so, but you'll get to judge that for yourself when I eventually take you :flowers:

:flutter: Is it a date?

:rofl:

Eid Mubarak to everyone/anyone celebrating..

And Man Utd won!! :manutd:
:party:
Owen in the 6th minute. :cool: :cool:
Reply 1391

Sunderland must be gutted. Perhaps as gutted as Portsmouth. :smile:
I am guttewd also, 3-1 :frown:

Living legend. :love:
Reply 1394
Indeed Graham Alexander is a legend. What is he at now 66 out of 68 penalties? Tremendous record. He played more minutes than anybody else in Europe last year.
I love golden oldies. They're so classy. Cult heroes through and through. If I was a footballer I'd want to be someone like Alexander/Giggs. Proper footballers. :yep:
DeeDub
Indeed Graham Alexander is a legend. What is he at now 66 out of 68 penalties? Tremendous record. He played more minutes than anybody else in Europe last year.

Jesus, is that true? I thought Baggio's would be the best but that's just awesome.

(Baggio would probably be classed as the best penalty taker if it weren't for that miss).
Reply 1397
Just played the PC demo of PES2010. Looks ******* excellent.
I'm torn this year, I actually might have to get both again. A lot of it depends on if the PES online mode runs as smoothly as FIFA.
It depends for me on whether or not I have a TV or a laptop capable. I haven't played a football game on a computer since FIFA 2001. That was reet good that were.

Latest