The Student Room Group

Aberdeen University or university Dundee??

I’m from Ireland and I’m considering of studying psychology or economics next year in Scotland in one of the above colleges. Which is the best? Which is nicer?? Any does anyone know any Irish people studying in any of these uni’s ?? And which university is bigger?? advice at all about these colleges plx...

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
anyone ??
Reply 2
CR234
anyone ??

lolol there's a 3 page thread down the forum a bit asking the same question just different subjects!
Reply 3
If you want to do Economics, Aberdeen's way ahead of Dundee as far as course content and reputation go. There's a sizeable Irish population in Dundee, not sure about Aberdeen though I think there will be, given its one of the bigger unis in Scotland.
i have applied to do economics at both unis for sep 10 but at the moment more liking dundee
Reply 5
You are having the same dilema i used to have... I am still waiting for aberdeen to give me an offer tho , but i think aberdeen is my 1st choice ...i applied for geology n petroleuum :smile:
i am also still waiting for aberdeen to reply... HURRY UP!!! :smile:
Reply 7
emziesferguson
i am also still waiting for aberdeen to reply... HURRY UP!!! :smile:

Excatly!!! annoyin isnt it lol
Greig_R
Excatly!!! annoyin isnt it lol

so annoying, even if i do just to decide to reject them i would like to know what they offer if they offer anything at all!
Reply 9
Hi I'm hopefully transferring to Aberdeen next year entering at 2nd level. Been reading some bad reviews on the place. Havent been there yet someone please make it seem better!!?

thanks
Reply 10
When I heard the title "Scum-dee" being used by a Dundonian, im not gonna lie, it went so far off the radar
Reply 11
davidglebe
When I heard the title "Scum-dee" being used by a Dundonian, im not gonna lie, it went so far off the radar

Fair enough but "Scaberdeen" isn't exactly complimentary either!

For what it's worth I would say Dundee but then I am biased. Studied psychology for the first two years of undergrad, it's a very good department.

Also there are lots of Irish students at Dundee uni.
Reply 12
Original post by james1312
Hi I'm hopefully transferring to Aberdeen next year entering at 2nd level. Been reading some bad reviews on the place. Havent been there yet someone please make it seem better!!?

thanks

I'm transferring AWAY from aberdeen this year - what are your reasons?

Quick Reply

Latest