The Student Room Group

Is Subway ok after a workout?

Scroll to see replies

Dunniah
well if ur trying to loose weight then definitely NO...theres not such thing as healthy fast food... people should not think subway is healthy cuz it's a sandwich..

Fail
wintersunset
so according to this i can maintain my weight by eating a sub and a half a day.

As long as it is split up into about 4 meals, which will in turn leave you hungry most of the day. So technically, yes. Practical, no.
Reply 42
Redefined
Fail

explain?
Dunniah
explain?

Just because it isn't healthy it doesn't mean you can't loose weight on it. Note the difference between a cutting diet (making sure you eat below your BMR) and a healthy diet.

You could eat mars bars all day if you so choose, just don't expect to have a well defined or optimal body.

Remember, if we HAD to eat 5 fruits and veg a day then early humans wouldn't have survived and we'd all be non-existent :wink:
Reply 44
I'm just saying that some of those subs are crazy the amount of calories and fat in them...hence why they wouldnt be healthy...lol
Redefined
Just because it isn't healthy it doesn't mean you can't loose weight on it. Note the difference between a cutting diet (making sure you eat below your BMR) and a healthy diet.

You could eat mars bars all day if you so choose, just don't expect to have a well defined or optimal body.

Remember, if we HAD to eat 5 fruits and veg a day then early humans wouldn't have survived and we'd all be non-existent :wink:

We don't HAVE to do anything, but it's certainly better for bodily function and optimal health.
Brotherhood
We don't HAVE to do anything, but it's certainly better for bodily function and optimal health.

That's what I said...:rolleyes:

Redefined

See :wink:
Phobia27
Who cares about the workout. You need to workout that stomach of yours. Subway melt - Bacon, ham, turkey, melted cheese, Italian bread, toasted, with lettuce and mayo... footlong, with cookie and drink :coma: :coma:

Er, that would be healthy for you :o:

dude you almost got the perfect sub but you frorgot to add bbq sauce as well. Then it is perfect. Trust.
Reply 48
chilin_dude
dude you almost got the perfect sub but you frorgot to add bbq sauce as well. Then it is perfect. Trust.

OMG why didn't I think of that before?! I love BBQ sauce! Next time...definitely :yep:

In fact I'm giving you plus rep for such a wonderful idea!
Phobia27
OMG why didn't I think of that before?! I love BBQ sauce! Next time...definitely :yep:

In fact I'm giving you plus rep for such a wonderful idea!

When I first asked for bbq AND mayo there was a look of doubt in their eyes. If only they'd tasted the beauty it creates.
You're literally the only person I've seen on TSR thats mentioned the subway melt as the best sub, so props for that. BMT is close but it is no match.

Plus no need to overdo the salad, just lettuce and mayyyyyybe cucumber if I feel healthy occasionally. Too many people ruin subs with all there olives and tomatoes and peppers etc.

The fools!
Reply 50
chilin_dude
When I first asked for bbq AND mayo there was a look of doubt in their eyes. If only they'd tasted the beauty it creates.
You're literally the only person I've seen on TSR thats mentioned the subway melt as the best sub, so props for that. BMT is close but it is no match.

Plus no need to overdo the salad, just lettuce and mayyyyyybe cucumber if I feel healthy occasionally. Too many people ruin subs with all there olives and tomatoes and peppers etc.

The fools!

Yeah, too much added stuff and the sub just falls apart on you anyway. I like a bit of lettuce to moisten the sub a bit, otherwise it's a bit too dry :p:

I want one now :coma:
Yeah, same but alas I'm not going to town just to get one. I will however ensure one is devoured tomorrow mwahahahah
Redefined

And that's why ye olde life expectancy was only thirty-five.
All at once
And that's why ye olde life expectancy was only thirty-five.

Their life expectancy was about 35 because they didn't eat fruit? I'm guessing there were more important factors governing that than fruit consumption i.e. little shelter, easy exposure to disease, death by animal, death by each other....though feel free to prove me wrong.
Herb and cheese Bread, Black Forest ham, Swiss cheese, like lettuce and tomato, banana peppers, cucumbers, sweet onion sauceWater or a natural tea without no sugar
Original post by Dunniah
well if ur trying to loose weight then definitely NO...theres not such thing as healthy fast food... people should not think subway is healthy cuz it's a sandwich..

Stop posting please.

Quick Reply

Latest