The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ricky47m
If you have to share for the first couple of weeks, you should say that you are only willing to pay half rent, they would soon move you on.

They only ask you to pay half the rent.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
Arran91
Just got an email from Warwick, notifying me that there are too many applicants for accommodation this year! ...
Their solution?
Give me a bunking buddy in Westwood halls...
May god help them.
May god help all of Westwood...

not happy at all!! its not like we are sharing a double room... well a single room with two beds in there... :frown:
don't rely on just word of mouth visit the place beforehand you may like it!
I guess missing out on my first choice of rootes isn't so bad after all.

The only problem I have now is living off a fiver a week.
Chrrye

Somewhere nearer is always going to be preferred..Ideally I guess youd meet a pair of the opposite sex from a joint room and pair off. Couple rooms!

err... do people in westwood end up having mass orgies? makes sense seeing as how it seems like a lot of effort to go to the union to pull lol.

and im happy cos i got rootes, first choice :biggrin:

sweet.
Reply 45

Dear Users of TSR!

I would like to change my accommodation offer with you if you are interested. I am willing to pay you 500 GBP for your trouble of doing so (this amount can be payed to you through paypal, bank transfer, etc).

I have contacted the warwick accommodation, and they have said that all accommodation at the moment is reserved, and hence they cannot transfer me. Therefore only if you are willing to swap yours with my accommodation, can i change my current offer.

I got a "Temporary Arrangements for the Beginning of Term" in Westwood, where i would be sharing a room with another person, however Warwick guarantees that i will be moved to a single room in maximum 3 weeks. I will change this accommodation offer with yours single (preferably en suite) accommodation offer.

What's in it for you:
* 500 GBP up front
* 40 pounds per week rent in the first few weeks of term (when sharing at Westwood)
* single room after 3 weeks, but could be in the first week
* 80 pounds per week rent if you continue to stay at Westwood in a single room

What i am looking for is a single accommodation, preferably en-suite. However i am interested in everything except westwood!

For more information please contact me, and we will discuss!

nufi18 AT gmail DOT com
Reply 46
An Original Username
err... do people in westwood end up having mass orgies? makes sense seeing as how it seems like a lot of effort to go to the union to pull lol.

and im happy cos i got rootes, first choice :biggrin:

sweet.

Not that I know of/was invited to :frown:
yeah, Rootes is the best :yep
Reply 47
grreat
Dear Users of TSR!

I would like to change my accommodation offer with you if you are interested. I am willing to pay you 500 GBP for your trouble of doing so (this amount can be payed to you through paypal, bank transfer, etc).

I have contacted the warwick accommodation, and they have said that all accommodation at the moment is reserved, and hence they cannot transfer me. Therefore only if you are willing to swap yours with my accommodation, can i change my current offer.

I got a "Temporary Arrangements for the Beginning of Term" in Westwood, where i would be sharing a room with another person, however Warwick guarantees that i will be moved to a single room in maximum 3 weeks. I will change this accommodation offer with yours single (preferably en suite) accommodation offer.

What's in it for you:
* 500 GBP up front
* 40 pounds per week rent in the first few weeks of term (when sharing at Westwood)
* single room after 3 weeks, but could be in the first week
* 80 pounds per week rent if you continue to stay at Westwood in a single room

What i am looking for is a single accommodation, preferably en-suite. However i am interested in everything except westwood!

For more information please contact me, and we will discuss!

nufi18 AT gmail DOT com

warwick guarantee nothing of the sort, they only hope it will be within 3 weeks but could be longer. if i were you i wouldnt bother trying this. none of us are impressed with this situation but we all have to get on with it! this wont work mate, dont bother. if youre that unimpressed, speak to the uni directly as i have been doing, you will probably get further with them.
Reply 48
Chrrye
Not that I know of/was invited to :frown:
yeah, Rootes is the best :yep

That's what I like to hear :smile:

Ooh I went to Poundland today and found a chopping board, colander, baking pans, cheese grater etc... Really good place to find kitchen type stuff if you can delve your way past the imitation barbie dolls and sinister gnome type things.
Reply 49
Hi all, if any postgrad girls would like to transfer TO heronbank FROM tocil accomodation please let me know.thanks:smile:
I dont think I've got an email saying this, I only got the one saying I had an offer of a room. Am I ok? What was the title/format of the email?

By the way, do you remember filling out your accommodation forms? There was a box to tick if you didnt mind sharing a room, I remember definitely checking this saying NOOOOOOOOOOO I WILL NEVER SHARE. Did they put you guys in shared rooms despite you ticking that box?
screenager2004
I dont think I've got an email saying this, I only got the one saying I had an offer of a room. Am I ok? What was the title/format of the email?

By the way, do you remember filling out your accommodation forms? There was a box to tick if you didnt mind sharing a room, I remember definitely checking this saying NOOOOOOOOOOO I WILL NEVER SHARE. Did they put you guys in shared rooms despite you ticking that box?

Your e-mail of a room offer gives you a link to find out where you are living, you follow the link, do some log-in thing and then it tells you about where you're staying and you have to accept your contract
starcarton
Your e-mail of a room offer gives you a link to find out where you are living, you follow the link, do some log-in thing and then it tells you about where you're staying and you have to accept your contract

:s-smilie: that didnt happen to me.... My email of a room offer told me it was in Westwood, I followed the link and it didnt give me more info about westwood, I just accepted the contract :s-smilie:
screenager2004
:s-smilie: that didnt happen to me.... My email of a room offer told me it was in Westwood, I followed the link and it didnt give me more info about westwood, I just accepted the contract :s-smilie:

Thats sounds right, just ignore me I read your post wrong :P
Reply 54
i was royally ticked off when i found out i was in Westwood - yes, royally - but at least i dont have to share! if i did i would have a brake down after the first week! but i guess it will put a strain on communal facilities with like 20 people to a kitchen. and i dont wanna have to queue to use the bloody bog!!!!!!!!
Reply 55
The same thign happened to me....and i have to share!!!! Where did u apply for originally? I applied for Rootes because it looked so big and busy and instead Ive been dumped in Westwood which has a reputation for being a bit dead :s-smilie:

It's good to know that there are people in the same position as me!
I don't know why you guys are so bummed out about being in Westwood! Remember, they changed the accommodation contracts this year so Rootes is now 39 weeks and no longer one of the cheaper halls like it once was.

Besides, rootes was a bit of a pain, people running up and down the halls squealing and setting off the fire alarms every ten seconds gets a bit boring after the first term :smile:
Lucky for you already.

I got in through clearing and they simply refuse to give me anything.
shatterfire
Lucky for you already.

Don't worry :smile: Someone will drop out and create space for you, or perhaps the private accom you find might be much better than the halls!

I can't beleive you got into a top 5 uni through clearing! You've had your share of luck too! Thats brilliant!
shatterfire
Lucky for you already.

Just be grateful for getting into one of the best universities in the country through clearing! :p:

Latest