The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
How does a punch be so powerful that it fractures a skull like that, I wouldnt even think mike tyson could throw a punch like that. A gorilla would have the strength.

It makes me more scared of getting into a fight.
Reply 61
Didnt expect to feel so sorry for that guy as I do now
Reply 62
voudreau
It does say that he confronted them. It is entirely possible that they acted in self defense or that both parties were equally guilty (with this guy coming off worse).

I don't know the details but I am willing to keep an open mind (please don't turn that into a pun). If the guy is innocent and they did attack him unprovoked then it's ****.

Who knows? :dontknow:

I did think that, because he does if im honest look like the sort of bloke who would be hanging round the streets/chav...

Sterotypically I know, but he does.

And I liked the pun comment btw.
I read about this today and it shocked me. I can't BELIEVE they are going to get away with this!! What has the world come to? Sick.
Reply 64
bigbhoy91
I did think that, because he does if im honest look like the sort of bloke who would be hanging round the streets/chav...

Sterotypically I know, but he does.

And I liked the pun comment btw.

Yep, I know it's wrong to judge people on looks but I thought the same. I guess the people with the best info are the police and the CPS. We just have to hope/trust that they did the right thing.

Papers can be sensationalist for political purposes!!
Reply 65
nnnomi
That's so horrible - imagine being that boy - you've done nothing wrong, lost memories, everyday functions and half your head! yet your agressors are free.

I don't really know what to say

They removed a piece of the skull and the swelled up bit of the brain therefore he didn't lose much of his functions although the main functions are in the back of the head.
Reply 66
Well there is the evidence of his injuries but they can't find out who did it. It's really sad that who did this will probably never be punished.

I feel so sorry for the bloke. :sad:
Reply 67
BabyGirl92
The people who did it got off so they got away with it!
What else would I be talking about!

Sorry, my mistake; I didn't realise you were better-informed than the Crown Prosecution Service.
Reply 68
Profesh
Sorry, my mistake; I didn't realise you were better-informed than the Crown Prosecution Service.

That's suprisingly plausible.

(Well, my comment may have more satirical barbs were it not for the fact that she's titled herself BabyGirl, but you get my point.)
Reply 69
MeanMachine
Its sick...but does anyone think he was no angel himself? :dontknow:

Agreed. I hate to sound prejudging but he doesn't particularly look like someone I would have wanted to walk past in a dark alley anyway, as I say, sorry for having that opinion but at least I'm being honest :dontknow: I just think there's perhaps more to this story. There's a reason why nobody has been convicted, and I wouldn't jump to take a particular side.
oh my dayssssssssssss
emilyameliarose
no evidence?! jesus christ. the english legal system is awful, i wish we were more like america!

you really, really...don't.
Reply 72
There really are some sick, sick people out there.
Profesh

Sorry but what was 'absurd' about me saying its sick that they got away with it in the first place?! Because if you read the article, it says they got off due to lack of evidence, therefore whoever did it got away with it because they haven't been sent to prison or charged.
Reply 74
******* hate the law sometimes
Reply 75
BabyGirl92
Sorry but what was 'absurd' about me saying its sick that they got away with it in the first place?! Because if you read the article, it says they got off due to lack of evidence, therefore whoever did it got away with it because they haven't been sent to prison or charged.

If there's insufficient evidence to apportion blame, then far be it from you to assert that anyone necessarily "got away with" anything.
Reply 76
In a single moment, his life was ruined...that's awful.
Jeez it's sickening people can just get away with that. They get no punishment for ruining a mans life just isn't right :nothing:
2 words: HOLY ****
Reply 79
If they were convicted for it, they'd get maximum 7 years for assault, and maybe let out after 4 for 'good behaviour'.

It's absolutely disgusting. People who can cold-bloodedly, soberly and viciously do this to a passer-by should live off 2 bowls of soup a day, be kept in a 3 by 6 foot cell for 14 hours with no light, and the other 10 hours should be spent doing hard labour in full sun and no water. And not for 7 years. For life.

They make me sick.

Latest

Trending

Trending