The Student Room Group

What historical moment do you wish you could have witnessed?

Scroll to see replies

jackmb
The Battle of Stamford Bridge maybe. Or the event that was the field of the cloth of gold, which was supposedly awe inspiring.
I've driven over said bridge many times :smile:
Reply 61
Bagration
Oh, yes. I would like to see Freeborn John vs the Star Chamber.

Oh, and as Shambles has started with the sad ones, I'd like to be in Salisbury, Rhodesia, 1980, when Robert Mugabe wins his election by force of arms.

In that case, I'd like to have been in Tibet when China invaded on October 7, 1950, and to have been joined by the SAS. (Good shout on the Mugabe front)
Its not a moment exactly, but more like six years!

I would like to have experienced the Second World War...to fight for my country and live the most changing events of recent history and certainly the 20th century! :eek3:

There are loads of such moments, for example the first moon landing and to be in New York on 9/11.
Battle of Paschendale, Battle of Edington 878AD,
KiiNGofLONDON
In that case, I'd like to have been in Tibet when China invaded on October 7, 1950, and to have been joined by the SAS. (Good shout on the Mugabe front)
I think we're talking about events that you're only allowed to observe, already knowing the catastrophe that is about to unfold, and having no impact on it whatsoever, rather than imagining ourselves fighting a guerilla war against the People's Liberation Army :tongue:
Reply 65
Thomas Brolin's amazing pass and move goal against England.

My favourite goal ever, would have loved to have seen it, even though it was aginst England. :p:
Reply 66
Might this include prehistorical events?

Historical:

The building of the Temple of Ramses II.
The building of the Library at Alexandria.
The building of the Pharos Lighthouse.
The military campaigns of King Tutmoses.
The Egyptian Exodus.
The Precession of Ptolemy II.

Pre-historical:

The explosion of Vela-X.
The building of the Great Pyramid.
The building of the temple at Gobekli Tepe.
Reply 67
Columbus arriving in America...just run up to him and slap him speaking in Italian. just to confuse him...lol
Just one then is would have to be the Roman Siege of London aaround 44AD (not sure of exact date), when the Emperor decided to come along and attack with elephants. Would be quite a sight
Reply 69
Don_Scott
The resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Its supposed to be a historical moment, not a mythical one!
The Siege of Gondor imo
Reply 71
Ali Vs Liston 1964

He shook up the world.
tw68
Its supposed to be a historical moment, not a mythical one!

There is immense historical evidence for that event.
Reply 73
Flavity
When I saw the title of this thread I automatically thought Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream' speech. Such a momentous occasion in history... would have been amazing standing in that crowd.

Great minds...:yep:
Reply 74
Sacking of Rome by the Visigoths, Allied invasion of Germany, or the moon landing
Reply 75
The Big Bang please.
Reply 76
Don_Scott

Which is?
Reply 77
The first performance of Much Ado About Nothing comes to mind.
Martin Luther King is a vastly overrated character who shouldn't be worshipped as he is now. He supported affirmative action policies, for example.
Reply 79
Don_Scott

lol love it "there is all this evidence" *silence*. When you proclaim there is evidence for something, it's usually wise to back up that claim with examples...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending