The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Working memory is short term memory.

Sensory memory are your senses. Seeing, hearing etc..

I can't be bothered to fully explain them, read your text book or internet
Reply 2
Finding homework hard?
Short term memory is something you can store in your memory for a short amount of time for like 30seconds

sensory memory is are just basically your senses

its exactly what it says...
Why should we do your homework for you!?
Reply 5
JohnnytheFox
Why should we do your homework for you!?

Its not homework, my text book has been taken and I have nothing to revise from except for a page of notes.

Yes think was for effect, LOL I am so sad
Reply 6
Sensory Memory - information at the senses (eyes, ears, nose), where we recieve in information - onnly stored when attention is focused and is then stored in STM or LTM
Short-Term memory - Capacity(Digit Span Technique/ 5-9 items), Encoding (Semantic/Acoustic) and Duration(18-30 seconds with rehearsal).
Working Memory - Baddeley and Hitch Memory Model, different stores of STM. Central Executive (acts like attention and controls the two 'slave' systems), Phonological Loop ( holds speech-based information - phonological store [inner ear] and articulatory process [inner voice]) and Visou-Spatial Sketchpad (deals with information in spatial and/or visual form).

They are different because they are different...?

Can't be bothered explaining as if you're thick, i just put down the basics of each term.
Google is a wonderful thing aswell, if you want to search, i just used what i remembered from the Memory Topic.
Reply 7
Do you're homework, naughty girl.

But it's been too long since AS, this is purely from memory: (lol)

Sensory memory is the memory of such things that senses alert you to. Sight, sound, smell, ect. You hold these in memory briefly, when the original stimulus, whatever caused the memory, has ended.

It's very short term.

Short term memory is information stored for a matter of seconds. Usually about 7 or so items.
Not a large capacity. You usually remember the first and last items. Information form this store of memory can be pushed into the long term memory by repetition.

The working memory: the central exacutive or something >.< I think this recieves the memory initially, and then sends it to the phonological loop or the ...'sketchpad' or somthing>.<

The loop is for rehearsal of memory, and the sketchpad thing is for sensory memory.

Someone correct me...?
aliluvschoc
Do you're homework, naughty girl.

But it's been too long since AS, this is purely from memory: (lol)

Sensory memory is the memory of such things that senses alert you to. Sight, sound, smell, ect. You hold these in memory briefly, when the original stimulus, whatever caused the memory, has ended.

It's very short term.

Short term memory is information stored for a matter of seconds. Usually about 7 or so items.
Not a large capacity. You usually remember the first and last items. Information form this store of memory can be pushed into the long term memory by repetition.

The working memory: the central exacutive or something >.< I think this recieves the memory initially, and then sends it to the phonological loop or the ...'sketchpad' or somthing>.<

The loop is for rehearsal of memory, and the sketchpad thing is for sensory memory.

Someone correct me...?

Entering first year Psych at Kent?

Prepare yourself for the most tedious lectures by Bob Johnston on this very topic.
Reply 9
GodspeedGehenna
Entering first year Psych at Kent?

Prepare yourself for the most tedious lectures by Bob Johnston on this very topic.

It really is going to be a revision year, isn't it?
aliluvschoc
It really is going to be a revision year, isn't it?

Nah. A-Level is just superficial understanding; no real content to it. Just memorisation.

University isn't like that.
Reply 11
GodspeedGehenna
Nah. A-Level is just superficial understanding; no real content to it. Just memorisation.

University isn't like that.

Damn, there was me hoping for a few extra nights at the pub instead of studying :rofl:
Reply 12
Woah, I spy a lot of innacuracies in them thar posts! and more than a few oversimplifications.

OP - find your textbook or steal someone elses. Google and TSR offer a poor substitute.
Reply 13
Mitothy
Woah, I spy a lot of innacuracies in them thar posts! and more than a few oversimplifications.

OP - find your textbook or steal someone elses. Google and TSR offer a poor substitute.

What inaccuracies did i have?
(Honestly curious, not being a bitch)

Latest

Trending

Trending