The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No, it isnt a big deal at all.

Notes are available online anyway for most courses and most universities.
Reply 2
I'd be shocked if any student makes it through a year without missing at least one - don't worry about it - just don't miss loads
your going to miss one lecture, its not a issue, most of the notes get put online, and you just need to do the reading for it

there are people that go all year without making one lecture and still pass :p:
Reply 4
Phew... :p:
Reply 5
Obviously some will be more important than others, but guessing you're in the first year and near the beginning of the year, you'll be alright :p:

Honestly, when we had an exam, there were people turn up i've never seen before - others I may have seen at lectures a handful of times at most. Suddenly realise how big our classes were meant to be!
No.

Most of the time you can get the work online anyway. As long as you learn about that topic on your own time you'll be fine. I don't find lectures too beneficial for learning anyway :s-smilie:
just download alll of your notes from the lecture from you vle and save them to your pen drive or print them, make use of the time on the train to read them through and do some background reading ad make you take your laptop with you to type your own notes and use wireless in starbucks and mcdonalds etc
Crap advice from this website as always.

You might like to check whether your notes are available online at all before you go down the "oh, it's fine, I'll just print them" route. If not, is there a decent textbook? Is your subject the sort of subject where lectures can be easily caught up with, or not? Are lectures a fundamental part of your course or a supplementary part?
Dont miss one cos unis tend to hand out random detentions which is quite embarrassing!
Reply 10
timetokill
No, it isnt a big deal at all.

Notes are available online anyway for most courses and most universities.

This. I hardly used to catch up, though...
Reply 11
nope, its not awful. makes life easier if you don't though.
Reply 12
make some friends and pinch their notes - works for me!
though, don't make a habit of it!
Reply 13
Just photocopy other peoples notes if they aren't available online. I did that a lot last year as only 2/8 of my courses had notes online.
awww not at all. missing a single lecture won't hurt. you can download the lecture notes online anyway.
Reply 15
It's fine. I don't know anyone who hasn't skipped one, and I've skipped many myself.
Reply 16
Phonicsdude
Dont miss one cos unis tend to hand out random detentions which is quite embarrassing!

You are talking absolute bullcrap. I have never heard of a uni which gives out detentions ffs!:rolleyes:
Nope.. in fact; I purposefully missed my lectures towards my exam period because I got more revision done and learned more in the 1 hour I had myself than in the 1 hour lecture so whats the point (since it's all online for me anyway). I still came out with a good grade so its obviously not that important!
Its so awful that i missed 80% of my lectures last year, and still scored 75% in my exam! But to be honest, I learned feck all apart from WW2 shiz, which has nothing to do with my course. My lecturer had a Nazi fetish me thinks O_o
Oh and the time where we learnt that the US military tested LSD on their soldiers.... rightttt, and what has this got to do with post modernity?
Reply 19
First, you are under no obligation to go to lectures. The lecturers won't know nor care you're absent (you're 1 face in a class of 80). So missing a lecture isn't an issue in that way.

One lecture isn't a big deal either, just don't make a habit of it else come January you'll have a rather large amount of blanks. That said, I missed 3 or 4 first year Anatomy lectures (mainly as I didn't get a lunch break all day), but still came out with a passing grade.

Latest

Trending

Trending