The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I am looking too if anyone can help! I have my interview at Sheffield tomorrow!
Reply 2
Yeah me to.. Anyone had one at Imperial? Just wondering what i should wear.. would a suit be too formal???? Thanks
In my Birmingham interview it was one on one, we just spoke about jet turbine blades, melting points, examples where I've used maths to solve and engineering problem and where I have solved one without maths.

In my oxbridge practise interviews I was asked questions like "how does a wing work" and how combustion engines work. I was also asked to explain Young's modulus, necking and do some proof by induction.
An example question was "how much water do you have to drop through a turbine to generate enough electricity to boil a kettle" so I made up some numbers and rolled with it equating energies.

I plan to go casual to Cambridge. To Birmingham I just wore jeans and rugby top and ended up with an AAB offer at the end of the interview.

*Try to coax the interview into topics you know. If you know your interviewers research their papers. For example when I walked into my interview there was half a knee on the table (an implant), I just happened to know what it was and pointed it out so that led us on to material prosperities, a subject I'm quite comfortable with.

Latest