The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Awesome, isn't it? Well, no it sucks a bit actually. I had (2 hours of) saturday morning lectures last year, as a Mathmo, that is.
By the way, at Cambridge they're "supervisions' not 'tutorials'.
thanks for the info.

do we get some sort of timetable when we arrive? or do we choose what lectures we go to? (sorry if it sounds dumb, dont really know how it works...)
Reply 3
Lecture-wise, you won't have any Computer Science ones on a saturday, and I don't think there will be any NatSci ones either, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Check on their website

(CompSci Timetables can be found here: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/teaching/lectlist/)

If you do in fact have Saturday Lectures they will be in the morning, and probably no more than 2.

Supervision-wise it is generally up to you to arrange times with your supervisors. Most supervisors will arrange them for during the week as they'd quite like to have the weekend off as well. In the two years I've had so far I have yet to have a single weekend supervision.

You can look up most of the timetables online, but you will have to look in more than one place. In first year CompSci you don't really have any choice as to which lectures courses to attend, you're expected to go to all of them.
Reply 4
You will have at least one Saturday morning lecture in your first year if you're doing CompSci - either Maths for NatSci or Mathematics proper.
Reply 5
On Saturdays there's a maths lecture (9am) and Chemistry (10am). Depending on your options you may not go to chemistry, but you will definitely have the maths one.
yeah i'm lookin to do that chemistry option

how hectic do things get by early to mid november? do you find you have much spare time?
Reply 7
Ah, fair enough. I did the Maths w/CompSci option in my first year, so only had 'real' Maths lectures on Saturday. Wasn't sure about the various NatSci maths options.
do these saturday lectures only happen in the morning?
Reply 9
Yes.
thanks for all the replies
Reply 11
In my experience the Natural Science Part IA Maths (A and B) courses both have saturday morning lectures at 9am.

Attendance was noticeably halved on those days.
Reply 12
SunderX
In my experience.

what goes on on thursday afternoons?

also while your here, how did that Alex Mowbray chant get started at pav?
gutted having lectures at the weekend

ours are monday-friday that's it
Anon the 7th
gutted having lectures at the weekend

ours are monday-friday that's it

What is this mythical "weekend" of which you speak? Two whole days, not doing any academic work? Impossible.
FadeToBlackout
What is this mythical "weekend" of which you speak? Two whole days, not doing any academic work? Impossible.

:rofl:

are you at Cambridge too?

no i would do any work or catch up, thus still relating to academia at the weekend (the weekend is Saturday and Sunday in case you were wondering)

although some say the week STARTS on Sunday :dontknow:
Anon the 7th

No, the week starts on a Thursday.
Reply 17
Anon the 7th

In Cambridge, it actually starts on a thursday. Just to be different and shake things up a bit.
Tempeststurm
No, the week starts on a Thursday.

:K:
Jahmez23
In Cambridge, it actually starts on a thursday. Just to be different and shake things up a bit.

:K:

that's strange lol

but different...i like it :awesome:

but why Thursday and not Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday? :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending