The Student Room Group

Advice on Train passes

Hiy All, :tsr:
I should be going on my gap trip next week but i still have'nt bought my train pass and that £285.00 for the Inter-rail pass is looking like a lot of pesa's. I should be going for a month (25) days and going to five countries Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Benelux and may be Germany.
I was wondering is there any other pass that i could get or a cheaper way of getting to all these countries?
Any help would be appreciated cheers :tsr: :smile: :tsr:
Reply 1
i dont think you will find anythn cheaper by train. im travelling in about a month, and interrailing is the cheapest option around (i hav been looking, tho not too extensively...exams and that)
You could get the 22day pass if u dont mind cutting it a little short, but you would then only get two zones so would probs hav to miss out italy.

bussing can be cheaper, tho it takes a lot longer to travel (but can be more flexible)
see www.busabout.com

the other thing you could try, tho u need to be fairly fit, is cycling. ultimate flexibility, but also very hard to cover any significant area, and difficult to leave your bike anywhr. BUT, much cheaper
www.bike-express.co.uk have info on buses that will transport you + bike to europe and back

hope this helps
Reply 2
ArunAdvani
i dont think you will find anythn cheaper by train. im travelling in about a month, and interrailing is the cheapest option around (i hav been looking, tho not too extensively...exams and that)
You could get the 22day pass if u dont mind cutting it a little short, but you would then only get two zones so would probs hav to miss out italy.

bussing can be cheaper, tho it takes a lot longer to travel (but can be more flexible)
see www.busabout.com

the other thing you could try, tho u need to be fairly fit, is cycling. ultimate flexibility, but also very hard to cover any significant area, and difficult to leave your bike anywhr. BUT, much cheaper
www.bike-express.co.uk have info on buses that will transport you + bike to europe and back

cheers, iv been looking at eurail today aswell looks okay. you can get a 10 day pass over a period of 2 months but the prices are in dollars so i'm going to check if its applicable to me, but thanks for the help

Latest