The Student Room Group

Failed 1st year of university!!

Basically, I went to the University of Manchester for a year starting September 08 to study business and I did not manage to progress to my second year of the course and now I have been effectively excluded.

I've rang loads of universities for the past 2 weeks for any available places on any business or management related course. I have had luck at London Metropolitan but no accommodation offer and all the other universities seem to be full due to the recession.

What should I do next?? :woo:

An academic advisor has told me to apply through UCAS for September 2010 entry but because I only have 260 UCAS points excluding General studies I now have to go for lower ranked universities like DeMontfort and Manchester metropolitan. This would mean I have to take a gap year which means I've wasted 2 years of my life! And I don't particularly want to go through all the stress of UCAS again ... :frown: What should I do? Should I just accept the London Met place or take a chance on Man Met/DeMontfort?
If I were you I'd just take London Met, the fact that you failed first year means that other places might be unwilling to have you. At this point, just going to Uni is what I would consider to be important, you can start a fresh and hopefully do really well on your new course. I think you should just aim to get on with your education.

Either way, it doesn't really matter where you go so just do what you think will make you happier.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending